GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,127
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, asamathattso539
» Online Users: 1,364
1 members and 1,363 guests
asamathattso539

Old 10-10-2020, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile 27 year old Freshman!

Hello! I am Ty. I’m 26 and I’m turning 27 years old soon but I’ll be starting school next august FULL TIME as an undergraduate Freshman and it’s always been my dream to join a sorority. I’m nervous that I won’t be accepted because of my age! This is something I really want to do and I’m passionate about it I think I can bring a lot of light and love to the group. I’m very mature and I have a family , I have daughters that look up to me I want them to see that anything is possible! I gave up my life at a very young age to be a Mom and a Wife. I’ve finally gotten the chance to do something for myself which is go to school and if im going back to school I want to do all the things I didn’t get to do the first time. Like every apart of something BIGGER than myself!!
Old 10-10-2020, 03:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_weirdoo View Post
Hello! I am Ty. I’m 26 and I’m turning 27 years old soon but I’ll be starting school next august FULL TIME as an undergraduate Freshman and it’s always been my dream to join a sorority. I’m nervous that I won’t be accepted because of my age! This is something I really want to do and I’m passionate about it I think I can bring a lot of light and love to the group. I’m very mature and I have a family , I have daughters that look up to me I want them to see that anything is possible! I gave up my life at a very young age to be a Mom and a Wife. I’ve finally gotten the chance to do something for myself which is go to school and if im going back to school I want to do all the things I didn’t get to do the first time. Like every apart of something BIGGER than myself!!
hi! and before anyone jumps in please answer this question first: what type of sorority? Specifically,are you interested in an NPC sorority? an NPHC sorority? a local sorority? Multicultural?

The second important question is campus location and size: will you be attending a school in the SEC? or any other "competitive" campus (there is a thread about this elsewhere, regarding what's considered competitive, where you absolutely need recs, etc)? Don't tell us specifics, just something vaguely descriptive (e.g. a commuter campus in the Northeast, or a laid-back small school in California. That kind of vague).

THEN we can offer input.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity