GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,542
1 members and 2,541 guests
No Members online

Old 10-28-2020, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

My big graduated two months after I initiated. We're facebook friends....that's it. No contact there. There wasn't a whole lot of contact ever, except when she wanted to secure a position at the school I went to for elementary school and still had connections to.

My little and I are still in contact. At one point, she worked for our headquarters, and we had more contact then (I think the...constant, daily reminder of Pi Phi for Life encouraged her to reach out more). She was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and I'm invited to her COVID delayed wedding.

I suck at maintaining friendship of any kind.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-31-2020, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekat View Post
Just curious to see how many of us still keep in touch with our Bigs and Littles (or whatever your organization's equivalent is!)

Have you kept in touch with your Big and/or Little?
Any other notes or fun stories?
Assigned a Big Sis on Bid Day. Last time I saw her was 30+ years ago at our chapter reunion during Homecoming. No info on her appears when googled, and she isn't registered with our headquarters.

Kept in touch with my Pledge Mom for about 30 years, and I'm confident if we were to suddenly meet somewhere our convo would flow as if we'd never lost touch.

Was 'adopted' to a new 'Mom' when first Pledge Mom graduated. Had no direct Little Sisters, but my Adopted Pledge Mom had six kids so during college we were all one big happy family.

For about ten years after college our main sorority friendship group had lots of reunions/Homecomings/parties, but as is often the case we eventually married/got jobs/raised children and the time to be with one another disappeared.

My Adopted Pledge Mom and I still exchange Christmas cards, and she has faith that one day we will see one another in person again.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
I love my big and talk with her regularly. I am closest with my littles. I still speak to all 5 and I frequently travel with one. I also am very close with my pledge mom as well.