GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,239
0 members and 2,239 guests
No Members online

Old 12-16-2012, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2817 View Post
Ohh I like this thread! I was only initiated about a month ago but the list goes on and on for the ridiculous things I've heard, but the most annoying things tend to be statements rather than questions.

"So tell me, how did they haze you?"
"I don't want to buy my friends" (As many other people also mentioned)
"I don't want to be told what to do"
"I heard fat girls can't wear letters" (This one still is to me)
"I would hate being around so many girls"
"The girls in your sorority are bitches.. you have to agree, right?" ( not true at all and kind of hurtful)
"I would never join Kappa, I heard they're all blonde" (I guess people don't realize when they say this to me that I'm naturally blonde, but doesn't impact who I am as a person at all. Not to mention that there's only about 30 other blondes in a chapter of 130)

Ok, my rant is now over

I'm a new member too, and this is so spot on!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-17-2012, 03:07 AM

Angry

Perhaps these are more "comments" about Greek Life, but I personally get annoyed by:

"I heard that x no. of women congregating together constitutes a brothel"

and

"Why would I want to pay to have friends?"

Sigh....
Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGreek View Post
"Why does your shirt say 'EAT'?"
hahah it's funny b/c I get people asking sometimes: "What is... EOE?... EIE? E...OIE?... E-circle-with-a-line-E?"

I also had a group of girls run up to my Brothers and I once screaming: "OMG!!!! I LOVE SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON!!!!" Φ =/= A
Old 12-19-2012, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie2000 View Post
Perhaps these are more "comments" about Greek Life, but I personally get annoyed by:

"I heard that x no. of women congregating together constitutes a brothel"

and

"Why would I want to pay to have friends?"

Sigh....
I know somebody here on GC posted something along the lines of that being the best damn deal they ever had.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshsx1 View Post
hahah it's funny b/c I get people asking sometimes: "What is... EOE?... EIE? E...OIE?... E-circle-with-a-line-E?"

I also had a group of girls run up to my Brothers and I once screaming: "OMG!!!! I LOVE SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON!!!!" Φ =/= A
I actually had a guy I went to high school with look at me and read my shirt as he said, "Eye-Owm, what is Eye-Owm?" He saw the "Phi" and thought it was an I and an O combined. It was weird he said that instead of recognizing it was a sorority. Generally you see images of Greeks in movies and I figured that he would have picked up on that. I guess not.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

True story: I had someone I went to high school come up to me in a Walmart in my hometown and say "A...Triangle...uhhh....what's that?" *forehead smack*

Related: a sister's dad was from England and drove down Greek row soon after she moved into our chapter house. He drove past Delta Tau Delta and said 'Triangle T Triangle' and then past Sigma Alpha Mu and asked why Sam had his own house. We could NOT stop laughing
Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
Soror, pregnancy jokes? trying to figure out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
I'm guessing that Sigma Gamma Rho "looks like" ETP, which get flip flopped to EPT (Early Pregnancy Test), but I don't know...
Yup, that. Again, my brother was 16ish at the time, but I'm sure he'd still get a rise out of it now.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUHoosiergirl88 View Post
True story: I had someone I went to high school come up to me in a Walmart in my hometown and say "A...Triangle...uhhh....what's that?" *forehead smack*

Related: a sister's dad was from England and drove down Greek row soon after she moved into our chapter house. He drove past Delta Tau Delta and said 'Triangle T Triangle' and then past Sigma Alpha Mu and asked why Sam had his own house. We could NOT stop laughing
Definitely have gotten "what's K triangle?" Before.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 12-20-2012, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

It's funny. I had a friend who was interested in DTD but he didn't know what the letters were, so he just drew them out in the air for me. I thought it was funny but also smart since he obviously knew the Tau wasn't a T, no matter how it looked.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Yahoo to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Skype™ to PADFSUGirl2K2
Here's another: just the other day, I had my car in the mechanic shop and as I was taking stuff off my car (my license frame has my Zeta letters on it) and the guy clearly didn't know that the "O" was a "Phi".

And another: Before I became a member of Z Phi B, people would always ask me if A Phi O was a sorority and why was I in a fraternity or they didn't know women were allowed in frats. Also A O Q was the common one I would get since I do wear my A Phi O letters around my neck.

Some things just irk the heck out of me.