GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,336
2 members and 1,334 guests
Sarak24034, UofISigKap

Old 04-22-2006, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Online Greek Shop Suggestion?

I was curious if anybody has a recommendation on where to go online to purchase custom greek sweatshirts. There's a bunch of online stores that I found through yahoo and google, but wanted to see if anybody on this forum would recommend any particular place.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Do a search. There are already threads on good and bad online companies.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the response. I should have done the search first. That was stupid of me. Anyways, from reading the 8 pages I found that there were some companies listed as having good stuff.

Designergreek.com
joetoga.com
greekgiftetc.com
stitchzone.com
sororityspecialties.com
greeknation.com
collegiategreek.com
greekonyou.com
fratrow.com
adgreek.com
customink.com
greekshop1.com

People apparently had a problem(s) with the following:
Thegreekshop.com
greek101.com
greekgear.com
letters4life.com
grafficcow.com

This above summary should help people because I had a hard time scrolling through each posting.

Anybody have any more to add to the list???

As far as where I am going to go to buy, I guess I've a bit more research to do. At least it's been narrowed down. Thanks everyone for all your comments I read

Last edited by mikelee; 04-22-2006 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to sdsuchelle
I've heard from numerous people that fratrow.com is fast and good quality. I just ordered something from them the other day, actually.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sdsuchelle
I've heard from numerous people that fratrow.com is fast and good quality. I just ordered something from them the other day, actually.
Definitely recommend them!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I had nothing but problems from connectsports.com

However, I imagine they probably aren't around anymore.

ETA: I looked it up, and they are there, so I'll add what I know:

I ordered a "quilted baseball style jacket" from them. After more then 6 weeks and several phone calls with them, I finally got it. They had charged my credit card twice, and when I opened the package it was a flimsy piece of $hit (NOT quilted, and NOT what they showed on the website) and it was stained with a black tar like substance. The embroidery had random black threads running through it, and the stitching on the cut out letters on the back looked like a three-year-old did it. I called them and said I was NOT happy, it was a piece of junk, and I wanted my money back for BOTH times they charged my credit card. After numerous calls, reports to the BBB and many other efforts (including mailing the jacket back to them) they never refunded EITHER of the times they charged the credit card.

Last edited by AlphaFrog; 05-10-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RavishingOne
Do NOT use:

greeknation.com or adgreek.com

I've had too many bad experiences with both companies recently, and the customer service was not helpful
Could you explain the nature of your problems? I liked GreekNation.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:
Originally posted by RavishingOne
Do NOT use:

greeknation.com or adgreek.com

I've had too many bad experiences with both companies recently, and the customer service was not helpful
I would disagree. I know a lot of people who have used both companies with no problems. I personally love both companies, and have ordered many different things from them.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
www.somethinggreek.com is good

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 12-17-2006, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I've bought from Greek101 recently and damn their stuff is expensive. I was hoping that their quality would match the price. Unfortunately it looked like the worst sweatshirt I ever owned. Their stitching was all loose looking.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I've had pretty good experience using www.getsomegreek.com
Old 12-21-2006, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Greekshoponline-Warning!!!

Stay away from them!! They have closed up their storefront in Terre Haute, IN and I never received my merchandise!!! Their website apparently is still up and running!! Do not buy anything from them!! You will get burned!!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Now that really sucks. Hopefully you can call your credit card to cancel the charge, if you actually paid with credit card. Thanks for the heads up on this company.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Eh....my fraternity uses Greek101 every semester to order large amounts of gift paddles and we have never had a problem.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I've used several different companies when purchasing Greek paraphernalia:

SimplyGreek.com: I ordered a line jacket from them a couple of years ago. It was hell keeping up with them. Their customer service SUCKS, their contact numbers didn't always work and it took almost 4 1/2 months to get the jacket --- but they didn't waste time cashing my check. On the upside: They do good work -- my jacket was perfect the first time, and it was very heavily customized. However, the experience was such that I would never do business with them, EVER AGAIN.

AdGreek.com: They also do good work but the customer service is below average. They often take days to respond to emails and you can never get them on the phone --- and you REALLY have to stay on them to make sure your order gets processed. On the upside: The workmanship on the jersey I ordered from them was very good. Also, they didn't charge setup costs when I sent them an image I wanted on the jersey.

However, I doubt that I would consider dealing with them in the future; it still wasn't worth the hassle in the end.

The best experience I have had by far was from a company called Stuff4Greeks:

Some of the things I liked about this company and its business practices:

1) Their online ordering process is very user-friendly (where you get to choose the detailing to go on the items your order, such as color, letter and image styles and placement), as well as the rest of their website.

2) This online process starts a series of order email notifications where they send you a proof of how the finished item will look. You can review the proof and decide if any changes are needed and then send an email reply documenting the changes. They will make the changes and resend the proof for you to review again. They seem to allow you to do this as many times as you want (I went through this loop with them at least six times). When you are satisfied that the proof represents how you want the item to look, you send an email reply to them stating that the design is APPROVED; they will not start on any customizations until they receive this email.

3) Afterwards, their customer service department sends you an email stating that the approval is acknowledged and the item is being made and will be sent (you can no longer request changes after this point). I also received follow-up emails concerning the shipping and delivery of my item(s) through UPS. In short, the customer service, at least in my case was, in a word, EXCELLENT. The only downside was that the delivery of the items took at least three weeks longer than expected; however, my order occurred during December so the Christmas season rush probably contributed to that problem.

4) They support a wide variety of fraternities and sororities and other fraternal societies (NPHC, NPC, IFC, Mason/OES, etc.)

5) They are one of the few Greek nalia companies that support the music Greeks (namely KKPsi and TBS).

6) They have a wide collection of images that can be used for personalizing Greek items.

7) In case I forgot to mention it, they do EXCELLENT work. I now own a nice-looking Greek "old-school type" cardigan that represents my org well. I plan to order other items from them in the very near future...

I highly recommend Stuff4Greeks, based on my personal experience. And I'm not even being paid for the plug...
"Cadillac" #5 Spring 1988
Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity, Inc.
Theta Tau Chapter
Life Member #3922

Last edited by blkwebman1919; 01-18-2007 at 01:26 AM.