GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 816
1 members and 815 guests
Cookiez17

Old 11-04-2012, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Mass Texting

Hi y'all. I'm the secretary for my chapter and we are having issues with mass texting. We are using chapterspot and texting through them, however it seems that some brothers are not receiving the texts until much later (most of the times 2-3 hours after the text is sent).

Is anyone else having this problem and knows of a solution/does anyone have a better method for mass texting? I have an iPhone 4 if that matters. Thanks!

Nick
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-04-2012, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there a reason that you need to use texts instead of emails? I find using email to be much more reliable than texting.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
^^^Especially since most people now have email on their phones. Sending an email will get the same result as a mass text message.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter used both: email for long things, instructions, and important messages, but mass text for timely reminders and annoucements that were less serious. I get 31838475 emails a day and loved getting texts instead; ain't nobody got time for "hey ladies, don't forget the panhel speaker starts at 3 today!" clogging up their inbox. If I'm busy and I get a sorority email I'll probably ignore it til later, but I'll read a text.

And we use the GIN system and GroupMe GroupMe gets tricky with adding more than a certain number of people, but it's awesome for quick and dirty mass texting.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

If it's short enough to fit in a text, it's short enough to cram into the subject line of an email.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

It could just be a culture difference, but we found that mass texts were much more reliable (again, for short messages/timely reminders) and produced better results than emails. YMMV.