GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,538
1 members and 1,537 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 05-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobuckeyes View Post
K, I sent him that and this was his response:

"Actually, that is kind of an ignorant statement. The law states that I can write whatever I want about someone (basically) and use their real names and identifying details. However, if someone takes me to court over it, I must provide evidence that the events took place. Though I have quite a bit of evidence on many of the stories, I decided to take the easy route and simply change all names and identifying marks. As for which fraternity it is, it shouldn't really be that hard to figure out if you are a part of the Greek system or know any Greeks. Thank you again for reading my book and providing me with feedback."

the title says "The story of Phi Delta Zeta." I know Delta zeta is a sorority, so I'm guessing it must be someone like the Phi Delta Thetas, Phi Taus or Phi Sigs. Or maybe like Delta Upsilon.
Please make sure to tell all the guys who rush you that you have read this book so you're already an expert on fraternity life. They will appreciate it!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-22-2011, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow. I'm not really sure why everyone here is so hostile. Hopefully the group I pledge won't act like you all.

/disappointed
Old 05-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobuckeyes View Post
Wow. I'm not really sure why everyone here is so hostile. Hopefully the group I pledge won't act like you all.

/disappointed
Because we've told you these books are either fake or written by someone w/ an ax to grind or both.

Thinking that your experience will be anything like you read in a book is silly. Just rush and quit trying to figure it out before you get there - you really can't.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
It's pretty clear that you are the author or his shill.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiDelt649 Send a message via Yahoo to PhiDelt649
Actually, check the IPs. I'm the author (Chad Wittekind). Just been watching this thread for a little while. I had actually considered posting a topic about my book but, from past experience with GreekChat, just assumed it'd be met with unadulterated hatred.

The stories are true. I didn't have an "axe to grind" and the names were changed for legal reasons. If any of you actually read the book, you would be qualified to comment on it. GoBuckeyes has emailed me several times and seems to have taken an almost unhealthy fascination with the validity of my book and fraternity life in general.

Thank you to any and all that do check out my book, I would highly appreciate it. To those that just want to criticize with no grounds....to each their own I suppose.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiDelt649 View Post
GoBuckeyes has emailed me several times and seems to have taken an almost unhealthy fascination with the validity of my book and fraternity life in general.
That's kind of creepy.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucgreek View Post
That's kind of creepy.
Yeah...
Old 05-23-2011, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Look, there's always going to be sensationalized books, TV shows and movies about Greek Life. Yeah, there are some unbeleivable true stories about how crazy it can be. Realize that this is the exception, and not the norm. The only way to know is to experience it for yourself. All experiences are different.
I don't like quoting myself, it comes of as pretentious. But I think it's worth saying again. If the stories in the book are true, fine and dandy. But your point that he may seem a bit obsessed.... yeah, that's where the OP's issues are.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiDelt649 View Post
Actually, check the IPs. I'm the author (Chad Wittekind). Just been watching this thread for a little while. I had actually considered posting a topic about my book but, from past experience with GreekChat, just assumed it'd be met with unadulterated hatred.

The stories are true. I didn't have an "axe to grind" and the names were changed for legal reasons. If any of you actually read the book, you would be qualified to comment on it. GoBuckeyes has emailed me several times and seems to have taken an almost unhealthy fascination with the validity of my book and fraternity life in general.

Thank you to any and all that do check out my book, I would highly appreciate it. To those that just want to criticize with no grounds....to each their own I suppose.
Nothing against you and your book but I don't pleasure read any book that isn't a gift, trade, or at the library because that's how I roll so I am have nothing to say about it either positive or negative.

The website linked with your book about personal submissions is, I realize, a marketing tool since you vanity published you have to get it out there, but I see it reducing the legitimacy of your writing. There are a bevy of places people can post their "fratastic" stories and seeing that with your book may actually alienate potential readers. You mention your chapter/brothers falling apart and your chapter still exists so people may never even get to the underlying brotherhood and bildungsroman themes if it gets buried under the "fratasticness" of others.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucgreek View Post
That's kind of creepy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
Yeah...
Maybe Zippy is shining up his Zamboni.