GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,436
1 members and 1,435 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallllchick View Post
ive always wondered about that. last year the sorority i wanted to be in cut me after skit day. I was sad. the girl at the chapter that i spoke with was kinda..well she asked me "how many houses do you left attending today?". funny cuz that was the only house i had that day, and i was honest and told her. I think that might have been the reason they cut me..thought i was not very highly demanded.

This happened a year ago. Today I am part of another chapter. But I can't exactly say I am the happiest person with it. I still wonder what it'd be if I didn't say what I said on skit day...

somebody tell me i'm insane plz.
Actually, if they have sisters that are that insensitive and/or clueless and/or indiscreet, it sounds like you dodged a bullet, big time.

Quit worrying about it and concentrate on becoming a happy and productive member of the chapter that DID welcome you into its sisterhood.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Actually, if they have sisters that are that insensitive and/or clueless and/or indiscreet, it sounds like you dodged a bullet, big time.

Quit worrying about it and concentrate on becoming a happy and productive member of the chapter that DID welcome you into its sisterhood.

Playing the "what if" or "the one that got away" isn't doing you a damn bit of good
Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

When I went through the process, bids were given out on a Saturday. All PNMs were told to expect a bid between the hours of X and Y. (Historically speaking, they used to slip the bid card under your door. Now they have all the PNMs meet in a central building on campus and give out bids at the same time, in the same place.) However, all PNMs are told to be "accessible" all day via phone.

PNMs who were not bid matched were called in advance of the appointed hour and then personally visited by a Rho Chi and member of Panhel. The Panhel rep explained the situation, counseled the PNM, and then laid out any additional options available. In many cases, these unmatched PNMs were then offered a snap bid and blended right into the NMC. It was our policy to always keep snap bids private, as many PNMs wanted to keep that on the down low.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I was released after day two. The morning of day three, my Rho Gammas called me and said that they were very sorry but I had been released from the rest of the chapters and that they were willing to meet face-to-face if I wanted to and asked me if I had any questions.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

This might interest some people who have been asking about it.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:16 PM

Generally speaking, you will be notified ASAP if you should happen to not be invited back anywhere. Any time I've known a PNM to show up to get a schedule when she didn't have one, someone made a mistake and forgot to call her, the recruitment counselor called and no one answered (and she didn't want to break that kind of news in a voicemail) or there was some other mix up (someone wasn't checking their list closely enough and though Suzy had a schedule and she didn't.)

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

James Madison Formal Recruitment has the Rho Gammas call their PNMs the morning of Bid Day (Tuesday) to let them know if they have received a bid or if they should not to come to the RG reveal/Bid Cel that evening.
You always get a call each morning from them, so calls don't get quite the stigma here, but you always hope for good news/a full schedule. Your RG also doesn't leave a message; they'll let you know they called, but they will never leave the schedule or bad news on voicemail as a policy.