GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,399
2 members and 1,397 guests
g41965, gatordeltapgh

Old 02-03-2002, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Quote:
Originally posted by UMgirl
However, a few days later the Sig Ep house burned to the ground. No on knows who did it or how it happened, but most ppl including the authorities think its pretty interesting that the members managed to have no damage done to their property.
Hey UMgirl... is that house on S. Forrest, right around the corner from S. University? If so, the summer I lived in A2, I lived practically next door to that place! I always wondered what had happened to that building, because you could tell it had had a fire. But this was 1997, so it seems like damage would've been taken care of by then if it happened in the mid-90's?

Just curious... kind of an odd coincidence!
Old 02-03-2002, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Post KKG Headquarters

This isn't my GLO, but my younger sister's a Kappa Kappa Gamma & their HQ are suppossed to be really haunted. The building's here in Columbus, and one of my friends used to live down the street from it. I actually talked to one of the staff members there once and she told me that odd little things do happen occassionally. But also that older/alumni members always deliberately freak out the younger and newer members when they visit, too. So it's hard to say what's "real" and what's a prank sometimes.

I'm sure there are some Kappas on here that can tell some actual stories. I don't remember any of them. I do know that the building is close to some other older dwellings that are said to be haunted as well, though!

To Be Rather Than To Seem To Be
Old 02-03-2002, 09:53 PM
UMgirl

Lightbulb

Cutiepie2000- I have never been so happy to see our housemom's son the next day. He's a K Sig but has a room in our house too. He and his mom lived in the house the previous summer to get things ready and said they heard and experienced some odd things too. I really dont believe that much in ghost, but our house use to be 2 huge houses. Our chapter had one when it was colonized and then bought and annexed the other in the 1920's so who knows what happened in them before that.
Silver Turtle- I know exactly what house your talking about. We use to call it Taco Bell, cuz it looked like a huge one. It isnt the old Sig Ep house, but it was a fraternity house at one time and it looked really nice. They finally tore the thing down my soph year in '99. Its actually diagnal from our house.
Another interesting thing is that all the greek houses have their letters and/or charter dates written in their front sidewalks. We have a ton of empty lots were you can tell a huge house use to be there and alot of them have letters. Just makes you wonder what happened?
Old 02-04-2002, 07:02 AM
GreekChat Member

These stories give me the *shivers*.....but keep 'em coming!
Old 02-04-2002, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Right before initiation last fall, some of the alums told us that our house is haunted by three ghosts: one in the 4-person room on the 3rd floor, one in the basement bathroom, and one in the old chapter room in the basement. The upstairs one supposedly likes to make people annoyed with each other by stealing personal objects and putting them in weird places. I don't remember what they said about the one in the bathroom, but the one in the chapter room supposedly hates men. If you leave guys alone in there (especially after midnight or one a.m.), it will try to run them off. We're not allowed guys in the house after 2 a.m., so I don't think this one has been proven yet. I'm not sure if it's really true or if the alums were pulling our legs, though!

I've also heard that the Kappa Kappa Gamma house on my campus is haunted. It's a really old house, and there's supposedly this room in the basement called "Ben's Room" or something like that where a guy killed himself...actually, I'll have to get a Kappa to tell me the story again 'cause I can't remember the specifics, but it's scary!
Old 02-04-2002, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Oh, there's something I forgot to mention--when this chapter was recolonizing, the consultant was the only person who stayed in the chapter house because it was being remodelled at the time. Anyway, it really freaked her out. She would hear strange noises all the time; not noises like a house settling, but just weird stuff like she wasn't the only one there. The door to her room would not stay locked, and even though she locked it religiously every time she left the house, it was always open when she returned. Things of hers would turn up missing, then reappear in odd places. She didn't know anything about the supposed "ghosts" in the house, or she would have gotten the hell out of Dodge right then. But guess where she lived while she was here...the 4-person room on the 3rd floor! She swears up and down that this is true, and she told us this before the alums scared us all to death with the ghost stories.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Haunted

we aren't allowed to have house where I go to school so we have suites, before the college bought the suites where the sororoties lived there was a butler who alegedly hung him self in the closet in one of the sister's room, the older sisters told us that it was haunted, but I didn't belive them, till one night I stayed up in the suite alone, I locked the door to my end from the instide , and made sure that everything was picked and looked ok, when I woke up the next morning every cabinet was open in the kitchen and silver ware was moved, I was totally freaked, every so often a sister's things get moved around and people hear noises!!!
Old 02-05-2002, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kristiAZD
Red face I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

I love this stuff so much! Here's what's happened on my campus:

At our school we're not allowed to have sorority houses, so we have hallways in the dorms that are reserved for us. A long time ago before my chapter inhabited our hallway a girl lived in the very last room on the end that now serves as our ritual room (in other words, place where we dump everything). She was pregnant but it wasn't visible so no one really knew it. I guess she was a smoker or something because she ended up having the baby in her room and it was a stillborn. Winter break had come up and she didn't know what to do with it because no one knew and she was embarrassed. When everyone got back from break a terrible smell lurked in the hallway, and it was coming from her door. They found the baby wrapped up in a plastic bag and put in the corner of her closet. They ended up taking her away to a hospital somewhere and I believe she's still there. The only way we know this is true is because one of our sisters' neighbors was the RA on the floor when it happened. The school kind of kept it hush hush. There's rumors all over campus that it happened in all the other dorms, but our hallway is the real place. We constantly find the lights on and the curtains open. We hardly ever go in there, but sometimes we'll be walking through the parking lot and see the curtains open and lights on. Also, it sort of haunts the room next to it. Two of my sisters live there now and they've had to have their TV sent to the repairman 3 times because the picture keeps spontaneously messing up. We've also had sisters' TV's turn on and off or the channel changes by itself. One sister even woke up to having her comforter being thrown off of her. We just call it "the baby" and we kind of think of it as our protector although it scares us to death too.

This story is definetely true; there was a TV movie made about it called "Murder in a Small Town" or something. In the 70's this guy (I won't mention his name) was in one of the fraternities here and got into a shady deal (drugs or gambling, something like that) with a couple of his brothers and this woman who owned a furniture store in town. He wanted out and they were afraid he would blow their cover or something so they arranged to have him killed. Two girls that were unrrelated to the dealings were asked to pick him up and bring him to the guys and this woman that were waiting late at night in the middle of a farm field. The girls dropped him off and left, and the brothers and the woman buried him alive. He was missing for a LONG time and no one knew what happened to him until the girls saw something about it on the news and came forward. They told the police that they had dropped him off and left, so the police asked them if they remembered where they dropped him off. They took them to the farm and eventually found his body. His mother speaks to high schools in the area about it, but our school does a good job of covering it up because most people don't know about it. I didn't know about it until someone made a reference to it and I made them tell me.

Pretty scary stuff! Especially since it's true!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

great stories!
here are some stories from my campus, none about my soror though, we dont have houses or dorms
my campus is fairly new, it was built in the 1960's...the land was formerly owned by the local state mental institution! i have heard numerous stories about people hearing noises etc in the dorms. one in particular scared me...a girl was siting at her computer with her back to the door...all of the sudden she felt someone pull her ponytail out and begin stroking her hair!!! she never heard the door open

another story is about the old student organization buliding. it was closed 5 or so years back. it is a gorgeous buliding that would be a wonderful center for the small greek population here. howvere, rumor has it that it was that main hospital building of the mental institute and is seriously haunted, so the school won' tear it down!

my last story isn't directly relatedto my school but is about our local ghost story...there is an old builidng that stands atop a hill in the middle of some trees. from our local state park you can see the building...which is rumored to have been a women's college (now known as creepy college) a student set fire to it and all the students died in the fire except for the caretaker. i have heard that if you attempt to drive up the hill to the school, you will be chased off by a starnge old man...no one knows where he comes from as there is no car around! can bet that i don't go up there! i can;t even look at the builiding without being creped out!
Old 02-06-2002, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

What school do you go to phisigQT? I went to Seven Hills once and saw an old scary house near it but I don't think its the same thing?

Also, I've seen that movie KristiAZD mentioned. Gotta love Lifetime
Old 02-06-2002, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I GO TO UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALITMORE COUNTY WHERE NOTHIGN EXCITING EVER EVER HAPPENS!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Eeeek... I love these stories but they freak me out.

I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight and it's all your fault!
Old 04-30-2002, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Well we don't have houses or anything... but I can tell some interesting stories about the dorms on my campus. The first story is that someone committed suicide in one of the 4th floor rooms in the freshman dorm... they changed the carpet and stuff.. (not too obvious or anything) The second creepy thing is one of our alums told us that back in.....I think in the late 80's or so there was a guy who would go around the dorms licking the toes of girls while they were sleeping... they would wake up because of this person licking their toes... and he would disapear before they completely woke up or before they did. They never really found him and the only thing the campus officials could do was to tell people to wear socks to sleep... appearantly this case got so famous that Letterman even joked about it in his opening monologue talking about the "San Francisco State Toe Licker" They assumption is that it was an RA or someone that had keys and would've known the building very well. Other than that my school is pretty boring..
Old 04-30-2002, 04:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Hey all,

This isn't a scary story...well it could be depending on how you look at it. But I thought it was a little interesting since some of you had mentioned Ted Bundy. Anyway, I was in my social psychology class, and my prof. did this little experiment. He put up 2 pictures of men, one was a body builder, and the other as a clean cut man dressed in a suit, and smiling. Out prof. asked who would we rather be friends with, or talk to, or something like that. As he was asking this a casually remarked to my friend, that the guy in the suit, was probably a homicidal manic, because you can never tell with them, they look like everyone else. Well the majority of the class said that would prefer to be friends with the man in the suit because he looked nicer. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the man in the suit turned out to be Ted Bundy.
Maybe that's why he killed so many girls. Because no one suspected him, because they all thought he was charming and nice?

Emily

Last edited by Lady Pi Phi; 09-16-2002 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-30-2002, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
I heard this at our IRD, but I can't remember which Michigan school it was. Apparently they have a problem with this weird guy who sneaks into peoples homes/apts/dorms and hides in a closet. Then, when the people come home, he opens the closet door and walks out of the house. He never hurts anyone, just scares the shit out of people when he mysteriously appears.