GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,452
1 members and 1,451 guests
Cookiez17

Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Ha ha...I never saw that. I guess our new chapter of "witches" are in trouble!
Don't you mean your new coven?
Old 10-09-2013, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Shhhhhh....don't say that too loud. They might hear you.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Eerie that you stated that tonight, as AMERICAN HORROR STORY starts season 3 tonight, subtitled COVEN.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

The dorm I lived in for several years at my alma mater was always said to be haunted.

The first haunting was from a girl who had been dumped by her boyfriend and hung herself in her room in the late '60s. However, her name didn't appear on any police reports or newspaper articles because her parents were super religious and didn't want the family to be further embarrassed. An RA actually researched the story while I was there and never found proof that someone died in the building, ever.

The second haunting was of a coal miner holding a lantern who would walk up and down the halls late at night. One of my sisters swears she saw him one night but she was coming back from a party... This story might have some credibility because they found several bodies in an unmarked cemetery during construction of that wing of the dorm.

I've heard rumors that my current chapter house is haunted...and I'm inclined to believe them due to personal experience.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

There are a few haunted locations at UT Chattanooga. https://blog.utc.edu/library/2013/10/25/8173/
I remember reading somewhere that a fraternity house on campus is haunted, but I can't remember which one.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I had never seen this thread, so I started from the beginning and read it all.

I know that I will probably never watch a Zach Efron movie ever again as he is portraying Ted Bundy in a film that comes out within the next year. Hope all Chi Os and Thetas boycott the movie.

From a FSU Chi O, I was told that the section of the Chi O house where the murders took place was torn down and a new section built.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post

I know that I will probably never watch a Zach Efron movie ever again as he is portraying Ted Bundy in a film that comes out within the next year. Hope all Chi Os and Thetas boycott the movie.

From a FSU Chi O, I was told that the section of the Chi O house where the murders took place was torn down and a new section built.
I'm curious as to your problem with Zach Efron doing this.

Ian McKellen (Gandalf in the recent LoTR trilogy) played Adolf Hitler in the Television film in Countdown to War, doesn't make me less likely to see a movie that includes him. (And yes, I just went full Godwin's law)
Old 10-31-2018, 07:06 AM
GreekChat Member

In honor of Halloween, a fun story about our chapter house at the University of Georgia:
Legend has it that the Thomas-Carithers House was intended as a wedding gift for a young bride, Susie. When the groom failed to show up for the ceremony on time, the distraught woman hung herself in the attic. The groom finally did show, having been delayed on the way to the nuptials, but Susie was dead. Her caring, supportive spirit has been seen throughout the house, and is said to most benefit the girls living in one particular room, known as the "The Engagement Suite." Built in Athens, Georgia in 1896 in the Neo-classical Revival style of the 1890s, its design is said to have been influenced by the owner-architect's visit to the Columbian Exposition (Chicago World's Fair) of 1893. Used as the Alpha Gamma Delta sorority house since 1939, this exuberant wedding-cake like house is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post

yes that is true. Both my daughters are Chi Omegas from FSU and I have been all over the house except ,of course ,in areas involving ritual activities.
Old 08-24-2020, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

I was on campus when Bundy rained havoc down on Florida. It was a terrifying time. I was a rush counselor a year later. We were instructed to tell our rush groups that if any one of them had any questions about the murders at Chi Omega, that we were to direct them to the Greek Life Advisor. I don't recall any of my group asking any questions. We were all very concerned as to whether girls would be afraid to pledge there, but the strength of the members and their sisterhood shone through, and they pledged quota.