GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,194
2 members and 2,192 guests
Kevin, Titchou

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2018, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Too Many Recs?

Hello! I’ve been reading through all of the past posts on here, but I’ve run into a question that I can’t seem to find an answer for.

Quick Background: My daughter is going to go through recruitment this fall. I was never involved in Greek life when I was in college, but my older sister was. She’s helped my daughter a lot so far, but she tends to be a Negative Nancy about everything, so I'm also doing my own research. This site is a godsend and has saved me from asking so many common questions!

Between my daughter’s connections, my sister’s connections, and people that I know, it looks like she will have at least one (and in most cases two) recommendation for each house at the university she is attending. The problem is that there is one house where all three of us found someone who agreed to write a rec for her. On top of that, my kiddo works at a summer camp every year, and one of the adults that she is working with this year got very excited when she heard that my daughter planned to do Recruitment, and volunteered to write a rec for her sorority, which happens to be the one we already have three for. My daughter obviously thanked her and brought her the little packet that we put together for rec writers.

My sister kind of freaked out when she heard about this, because four recs is obsessive and the sorority will think she’s trying too hard. Of course, my daughter was never going to tell someone kind enough to volunteer that she didn’t need her rec, but my sister is making her stress a little bit. Is this really that big of a deal? From reading past posts here, it’s possible to get a rec from an acquaintance that you didn’t even know was planning to send one in, so I can’t believe she’s going to be the first person in history to have more than two recs for a house.

I understand that Recs won’t decide your Recruitment fate, but having more than two for one house won’t really hurt her, will it?

Thank you!

Last edited by EliBean; 06-15-2018 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Because I swear I can spell.