GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,779
1 members and 1,778 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 07-05-2001, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Interesting/scary facts of your sorority

In the early 1980's one ASA from the chapter at my school was found murdered. My ASA sisters were waiting for her to come to the house and she never came. TO this day they still don't know who killed her. We didn't even know this had happened to one of our sisters until the Greeley paper wrote about it in the paper -saying they are still searching for the killer. I'll be living in the house she used to live in. I just thought this was interesting and scary.
Does anyone know anything strange facts about their house?
Old 07-05-2001, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Good topic! I thought of something... but I'm not totally sure if it is true, it is just a story I was told.

One day, it might have been during an alumni gathering or weekend, someone went to an upstairs room, went to the window, pulled out their gun and took a few shots at the house across from us. Hmmm...

------------------
Brian Sejas
The Miami Chapter of Delta Upsilon, Est. May 13, 1868.

[This message has been edited by BrianMUDU (edited July 05, 2001).]
Old 07-05-2001, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

While I was pledging my sorority I learned that one of my alumni sisters was also murdered. Later after I was a sister and was searching through old photo albums and memorabilia, I discovered a newspaper article about the murder. I was completely shocked to read that the murder had actually taken place in my town and that my alumni sister was a graduate of my old high school!!
A suspect was eventually found, and I guess he went on trial, however he fleed the country before he could be convicted and no one could trace him. He eventually died of natural causes, never serving a day behind bars!
Old 07-05-2001, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Well there was the Ted Bundy murders at the Chi O house at FSU. A gruesome story if ever I heard one.

[This message has been edited by amycat412 (edited July 05, 2001).]
Old 07-05-2001, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Thanks for all your replies. Too bad there is a pervert on this board who ruins things for the rest of his. Hey Diamonds be a real man and post your name under your ICQ! OOH I'm so scared of you on this board- please! The GC's aren't going to stand for your antics.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:46 PM
Wine&Blue

I think he's on the verge of being banned anyway, so whatever.

Back on topic... I've heard that one of Ted Bundy's victims was a Pi Phi at Alabama. Supposedly she was killed while she was home over summer or something. May be just an urban legend though.
Old 07-05-2001, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
Unhappy

When I was a senior in HS a school friend of mine killed himself. He was a freshman in college & we weren't close outside of school so we hadn't talked in over a year. I read in the death notice that he was a member of Sigma Something Something, but that's all I knew about his college life. There were rumors flying about what happened, where he killed himeself and stuff & I never found out the details. Two years later I rushed and joined XO. I happened to be looking through my senior book, re-read the death notice and realized that his fraternity is Chi O's next-door-neighbor. I've also gotten some of the details about what happened when he killed himself (at the fraternity house) since, but it makes me so angry and sad to think we would be neighbors now. Only four other people from our large, local HS are greek there, so it would be an awsome bond to share.
Heidi
Old 07-05-2001, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Well, this isnt about my org, but we had two suicides at my school last year. One was in our science building in the fall, the kid wasnt even a student... His family thought he was... long story. And then there was one in the dorm near my old one. A guy killed himself on the second floor of Nair Hall...

Oh and then this year, the famous Clarion National City Bank robber who was caught from being seen on MTV. It was nice having some FBI and Police around my sisters dorm when I was taking her home cos she had too much to drink... underage... fun times!
Old 07-06-2001, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Uhmm ... how about us and DU had a fight? Ha!
The story began maybe in early 1990s, when we built a water balloon catapult, and we had fun from our veranda ... and we shot water balloon randomly, and one just hit the DU house (3 houses down the road). Anyway, they got mad and built a similar catapult and started shooting vegetables from their veranda! Yeah, carrotts and tomatoes and corns flying all around us. One potato hit our window, and shattered that window .. anyway, it got nasty and well, of course now we're all right, but it just a fun story to hear from alumni.

Hmm .. we never have anything really BAD like that (which is a good thing), but one of our brother passed away last year. He was drown in his hometown, and that was my first experience of death ... really hit us hard, and still I miss him so much

Love you brother Wedge.
Old 07-06-2001, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, our house used to be a fraternity house and it is rumored that while it was, one of the brothers jumped out of the 3rd floor window and killed himself...In that particular room his name is painted above the door and rumor has it that the room was nailed shut until we moved in. I don't know if all that is true, but I definatly think the house is haunted...but our house is over 100 years old, so who knows what other terrible things could have happened in there!
Old 07-06-2001, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Thumbs up

Great post. Good subject idea.

Nothing realy scary happens on our campus. I'm sure it does, but the campus also does a great job of hiding things. We recently last fall found out about some girls that were attacked near our library. We're a commuter campus, located next door to Henry Ford Comm College, and a girl was raped there. Police hadnt caught him, so he was still roaming our campuses. He came into a room and sat down right next to my friend (at HFCC) and he started talking to her, sayin sexual things. Then he left and the class stopped and called security. Needless to say, after that we were all a little more careful about walking alone.

Scary? Well, at one of the fraternity parties that was held at a hall, a random from off the street had a gun. I dont know the whole story, but I know one of my friends was outside near the guy when he shot the gun in the air.

Gunmen seem to find us. We were at the fraternity house (only one org has a house) after one of the hall parties. The boys were tryig to kick out some random, and he pulled out a gun. A friend from another org had the guts to stand up to him, and the guys made us girls go in the house and upstairs. That was prolly one of hte scariest times of my life
Old 07-06-2001, 03:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to philo
There is a story that circulates amongst our alumni that sometimes surfaces to the newer guys in our house.. back in 1996 when our chapter (Pi Kappa Phi) was being colonized, one of the founding fathers was found dead in an upstairs room of the newly acquired house; turns out that he hung himself for reasons unknown. Scary thing is that I lived in that room for almost two years and didn't find out about it until a year after I moved in...
Old 07-06-2001, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

In my chapter, just a few years before I joined, they used to shoot each other with wax bullets. They would make wax bullets and load them in cartriges with nothing but the primer for propulsion, so it wasn't much worse than getting hit with a paintball, but still it would suck!

Also, a year and a half before i got to school, one of the brothers got really sick one night and died. It turned out that he had a rare form of Leukemia. He was a sophomore and had just joined and moved in the house in the fall, and had just initiated a couple months before.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 07-06-2001, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Longwood College pretty much used to just be this one building. That building has had a history of fires, but it managed never to be completely destroyed until April of this year. In one of the previous fires, a Tri Sigma supposedly carried a grandfather clock out of the building (from the 3rd floor) on her back. That clock still stands in our chapter room today, stuck on the time that the fire occurred. I'm not sure whether this story is true our not, since it takes up to 5 men to carry the clock. Mysteriously, if anyone ever moves the hands on the clock, they always go back to where they were.

Here's something pretty creepy that has nothing to do with my sorority. My freshman year, 2 days before classes started, a guy hung himself. What a way to start college... getting a mass e-mail telling you that fellow student has committed suicide...
Old 07-06-2001, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

At my school the Pi Phi's moved into the old Delta Phi house. Before they moved in a maintenance man was going thru the house and took done this fake wall blocking off a room, inside he found a casket with a skelton inside.

Supposedly the skelton was from Albany Med School and had been there for years. Anyways the University had to pay to bury it and were pretty po'd at Delta Phi.