GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,171
2 members and 1,169 guests
indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 10-21-2020, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you everyone for the positive comments and love! I'm so excited to be a Theta and to be a part of the greater Greek sisterhood.

If I could give any tips to PNM'S going through virtual recruitment it would be:

1.) Virtual doesn't mean you don't have to try as hard. I saw girls who were in bed, girls who were in an oversized t-shirt and sweats etc. If anything, I think sororities are looking to see who will put their best foot forward, regardless of the fact that recruitment is virtual.

2.) A sister I spoke to during day 3 told me some of her sisters had conversations with girls who were on their phones. Put your phone on silent and off to the side, face down so it isn't a distraction. Sororities want to see that you're interested!

3.) It will be hard to get a word in at times, especially because you may be worried about cutting other people off etc. (it can be hard to tell when someone is done speaking through a screen). Do your best to say as much with as much detail as you can when you get a chance to speak. Something I discovered between the 1st and 3rd day was that giving detailed and descriptive answers not only made conversation flow easier, but made it so I wasn't stressed if a couple other PNM's were talking for a while and I didn't get a chance to jump in.

If anyone has any questions about virtual recruitment please feel free to message me! I would love to help.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Good advice! And congratulations on Theta!
Old 10-25-2020, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations and thank you for sharing! I still can't believe anyone would lay in bed or be on their phone during recruitment, but others have posted similar stories at other schools. I'm guessing this will be part of the advice PNMs will hear from their recruitment guides when winter recruitment starts.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:47 AM

First off, congratulations on Theta!

I can't believe people would go through recruitment lying in bed, or with bed-head, etc. With virtual recruitment, if I were a PNM, I would put on a nice shirt or blouse, brush my hair, and do my makeup. Some schools are doing pref in person, so I'd put on a nice dress, mask up, and use my wicked good eye makeup skillz.

I'm currently interviewing for jobs, and many of these interviews have been via Zoom or Skype. I present myself as a professional - nice blouse, lipstick, brushed hair, etc. I know I wouldn't get the job if I looked like I'd just rolled out of bed.

Recruitment should be treated the same way. Makeup, jewelry, and outfit should be as if you were there in person.