GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,510
1 members and 2,509 guests
John
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Question for DST members

When I was in undergrad I applied to DST with about 6 of my friends and after the interview I was denied membership while all the rest of my closest friends made the line. Fast forward to their probate I was told by one of my friends that I didn't make the line because one of their prophytes heard that I was talking to her ex boyfriend. I ended up losing my friends over the division this caused and some other issues. Now that it's many, many years later I'm interested in an alumni chapter in my state but I feel like the stigma of this situation may follow me especially because one of my former friends has become a prominent member of DST. Is it even worth trying to continue to achieve my goal of joining this sisterhood when I may have to rehash this situation and people may have already formed opinions about me based on others opinions?

I appreciate all of your feedback.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust7 View Post
When I was in undergrad I applied to DST with about 6 of my friends and after the interview I was denied membership while all the rest of my closest friends made the line. Fast forward to their probate I was told by one of my friends that I didn't make the line because one of their prophytes heard that I was talking to her ex boyfriend. I ended up losing my friends over the division this caused and some other issues. Now that it's many, many years later I'm interested in an alumni chapter in my state but I feel like the stigma of this situation may follow me especially because one of my former friends has become a prominent member of DST. Is it even worth trying to continue to achieve my goal of joining this sisterhood when I may have to rehash this situation and people may have already formed opinions about me based on others opinions?

I appreciate all of your feedback.

1. Alumnae
2. If you have to ask, you don't really want it.
3. Good luck.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre1911 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. That was when you were in college. I used to kick it with this Delta from my school, and she went through something similar. She joined grad, and things worked out for her.
Shut up.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for your honest opinion Dr. Phil.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Tre,

Respectfully, we don't tolerate racial slurs in the Delta forum. If you want to talk like that on FB or Twitter, it's your perogative.

Wanderlust had a question for members of Delta Sigma Theta; your input was not needed or welcome.

Wanderlust,

Best wishes to you in whatever you choose to do.