GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,127
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, asamathattso539
» Online Users: 1,331
1 members and 1,330 guests
asamathattso539

Old 06-03-2003, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LXAAlum
Hmmm...I hope some brothers from Texas Tech LXA see this:

1991, December - Glenwood Springs - my wife and I were honeymooning, and I saw a Jeep Cherokee with TT stickers and LXA in stickers and shoe polish on the windows.

So, I wrote ZAX with my finger on their snow covered winshield, with my zeta number.

Don't know if they ever saw it, or who they were.

I constantly see brothers in the airports wearing letters, which is always fun to meet someone and talk about the fraternity - helps to pass time.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sigmadahlin'
Imagine what that would look like for us, sigma delta tau???? now that's no good

My boyfriend and I were at the library one night when an SDT walked by wearing . . . yes, you guessed it, sweatpants with the letters on the butt. My boyfriend looked at me, looked at her, looked back at me and whispered, "Why does that girls' butt say EAT on it?"
Old 06-05-2003, 03:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
Yeah, I have an SDT bag and people are always like, "Why do you have a bag that says EAT?" Anyway, the coolest place I've seen my letters was at an MS Walk. I was walking with some people from APhiO, and I saw a middle-aged woman wearing an SDT Relay-For-Life shirt. I ran up to her and asked her about it...turns out her daughter is in the UGA chapter.

As for an APO story...ha ha ha. A few days ago (Memorial Day) a car randomly rolled down the hill in front of my house (no one was in it) and hit my car which was parked in the driveway. The owner came over, and his girlfriend saw my APO sticker on the back of my car and started asking about it. Turns out she was from the GA Southern chapter. It was really weird...I met a brother through a dent in my car.

And the moral is... WEAR YOUR LETTERS! You never know when a brother/sister is around the corner.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

The Nanny

My roommate and I were watching "The Nanny" this spring and CeCe went to a sorority reunion. It said "WELCOME GAMMA" on the banner, but we didn't catch the rest of it. The episode was on again today, and it said "WELCOME GAMMA PHI". I was kind of excited because in books/movies people are always Kappas, Tri-Deltas, Pi Phis, and Chi Os, never us!
Old 06-10-2003, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Last night I watched a movie called "Crossing the Bridge". It was a crummy movie made about 10 years ago about some "detroit" (I put it in quotes because the town they were supposed to be in was not really close to Detroit but, whatever) boys going to Canada to pick up drugs for a dealer back in Detroit. The place they got the drugs was a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. A bunch of 'hippie' types were there. In the background was Phi Mu paddle hanging on the wall! Seemed quite out of place!!!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:41 PM

On "The View" the other day, the women were talking about the new coffee mugs they got on the set and Joy Beher mentioned that they were her sorority colors and that she was a DZ .
Old 06-11-2003, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

(Again, this may be mentioned in this thread.....)

The twins from NYC, who were adopted from Guatamala.....both went to college on Long Island, both were dancers, and met through mutual friends. (The story is in this month's Cosmo.) Anyways, I saw a picture of them somewhere and one of the twins was wearing Delta Gamma letters.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Not my letters really but . . . I was at work today (a daycare) and the lady who comes in to do our payroll noticed my lavalier (my bf's) and asked me about it. I explained that I was lavaliered and she seemed less confused then, she said she was a little confused at first because she knew Phi Sigma Kappa to be a male fraternity. Turns out she's a Phi Mu and seemed happy to be able to talk about it for a minute or two. Just a happy story I thought I'd share!
Old 06-16-2003, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
I was at Islands of Adventure this past weekend and I saw a guy in an Sigma Alpha Epsilon shirt and another guy in a Phi Sigma Kappa shirt.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:46 PM

In the June issue of either Seventeen Magazine or YM (I was at the hairdresser today, there was nothing else to read!) there's an ad that shows a guy in a towel looking out a bathroom window (it's a sneaker ad...there's a sneaker in the tree in front of him) and on the wall of the bathroom there's a paddle that has a Sigma and an Alpha on it....

hmmm...SAEPi? lol
Old 06-17-2003, 09:01 AM

I was at Tavern on the Green in NYC this past weekend, and a few tables away was a group of young people, one of whom was wearing a Sig Ep shirt.

It struck me as a little odd, mainly because wearing a T-shirt to a place like Tavern on the Green just doesn't seem right... *shrug*
Old 06-17-2003, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it has been Greek Week on the freeway lately - on my community the last few weeks I've seen stickers for:

Beta Theta Pi
Sigma Pi
Alpha Xi Delta
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Kappa Delta
Alpha Phi

and a few others. The best was last night as I drove home - a lady had a license plate that said SDTII...I thought it was just a coincidence, but drove past and noticed a small sticker!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to Goodwill yesterday, specifically to see if finding lots of Greek shirts there was true. What do you know, after 2 minutes of being there, I found a Beta Sigma Phi letter shirt, a Delta Gamme event shirt, as well as a Zeta event shirt. Next thing I know, one of my friends came up to me and was like, "I have two shirts for you." I told her, "I didn't come to shop, I'm just looking around." She then said, "I think you want to look at these." She gave me two A-Phi shirts that were from MY CHAPTER!!! Of course I bought the shirts, but blah. I was so upset! My chapter is only 6 years old, so that just upset me even more. A lot of our "old school" alumnae are still in contact with the chapter and could've passed down the shirts, as most people do. That just is not cool. Yeah, I read the whole "someone who can't afford a shirt is better off with it" debate, but I'm sorry, I just don't think it's cool.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SATX*APhi
I went to Goodwill yesterday, specifically to see if finding lots of Greek shirts there was true. What do you know, after 2 minutes of being there, I found a ..... a Delta Gamma event shirt.
Was the Delta Gamma shirt nice? I am curious!
You would never find Greek stuff in Goodwill in Canada, there's not enough of us!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Tri Delta

Was on The Today show last Friday. The had Annie Lenox on stage outside the studio and there were a bunch of girls in DDD shirts in the front row.