GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 1,543
1 members and 1,542 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 06-05-2010, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Do the Serve in Atlanta if you can! It will be awesome, and from what I've heard, it's not something that is really scheduled at individual chapters in the same way as the other APO LEADS courses. And you guys are so close to Atlanta already, why not all sign up for it this summer if you can make it?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-07-2010, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Yahoo to PADFSUGirl2K2 Send a message via Skype™ to PADFSUGirl2K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladii View Post
Im considering going to the 25/52 cookout in Atlanta, but Im scared. I dont wanna seem disrespectful to the male chapters by wearing my letters, but I feel as if I have a right. I am (whether u like it or not) a brother, but I understand how they feel. I just dont want to start any drama amongst family. So my question is are any female brothers (as well as gamma sigs) going to the cook out this year?
I've been in 2008 and had no problems with brothers of the male variety. In fact, I've connected with a few (not in that crazy way) for networking and I had fun for the most part. This year, a couple of my brothers from Iota Rho and I are going hopefully.

On to the other part of the debate, I personally would love to see this happen because sitting in a classroom (which I think I missed for other reasons) isn't what we are about.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADFSUGirl2K2 View Post
I've been in 2008 and had no problems with brothers of the male variety. In fact, I've connected with a few (not in that crazy way) for networking and I had fun for the most part. This year, a couple of my brothers from Iota Rho and I are going hopefully.

On to the other part of the debate, I personally would love to see this happen because sitting in a classroom (which I think I missed for other reasons) isn't what we are about.
Yeah, but... The lessons of the LEADS program aren't supposed to be *used* in the classroom, you need to get out and use them in your lives...

(Note, I'm old enough that I actually date back to not just the Leadership Development Workshops, but back a version of LDW concepts..., I haven't actually done any of LEADS