GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,218
3 members and 1,215 guests
lauralaylin, naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 05-27-2008, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Who are you and why do you care about this issue?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusiveflip View Post
My question has been pretty much answered.
*Heaven says Hallelujah*
Old 05-27-2008, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Fair enough. I realize any questioning of an organizations history is touchy, and I don't mean any overt disrespect. But that doesn't negate the existence of the facts. The whole selling point is argueable at best, untrue at worst. My question has been pretty much answered. If anyone else feels like weighing in though, feel free.
Sweetheart,

It's the incorporation that has made the difference--that's the way I see it. Should it matter who's on 1st? I think it is more important that who was everlasting for over 100 years of service to be "first of all"...

I think many gentlefolks of GC have fully answered your question without personal attacks. Moreover, there is a search function and it can be your friend. If you really want to have a discussion like this, please take it to PM? In fact I would be happy to give you a personal telephone number of a certain member who would love to answer all your questions about Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. and then some...

I hope this thread gets locked soon.

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 05-27-2008, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

LMBAO....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Yayyyyyyy!

Old 05-27-2008, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

BAN THE SPAMMER.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ For real.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Who are you and why do you care about this issue?
Senusret,

He has 5 posts and they're all on this forum in this thread. He's a nobody with an axe to grind.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The Original Ape
Cool

Quote:
Fair enough. I realize any questioning of an organizations history is touchy, and I don't mean any overt disrespect. But that doesn't negate the existence of the facts. The whole selling point is argueable at best, untrue at worst. My question has been pretty much answered. If anyone else feels like weighing in though, feel free.
Hello elusiveflip.

Many times, people who were rejected for membership come on GC to try to dog greek orgs--specifically the one that rejected them; and when their intent is discovered, they get dogged by the members. It happens so often that sometimes people with good intent get caught up in the flames. For this reality, I apologize to you if yours is a noble intent.

I think your question was answered by the members, howbeit not in the tone you expected. I also forward the idea that if you and I lived on A street and started a gang that nobody wanted to join and it lasted only three months--which was before we could even get our rep off, and another gang started up on the same street and they took care of bitniss and are still doin' it, can we honestly say we were the first on that street? You're only as good as your last performance.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

^ Thanks for the tactful response. Im not, nor will I ever be any Greek organizations reject. No axes to grind, nothing. Just a dude who read a book and had a follow-up question.

As for the gang comparison, it's the same as having an older brother that lived into his adolescent years and died when you were young. His death doesn't mean he never existed. You may be the oldest sibling NOW and the first to lead a full life, but you're not the first child period. To say you are is to deny that first sibling it's very existence.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

oooooooooooooooooooo...
Old 06-06-2008, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

[quote=elusiveflip;1664402]^ Thanks for the tactful response. Im not, nor will I ever be any Greek organizations reject. No axes to grind, nothing. Just a dude who read a book and had a follow-up question.

Why is it that the people who never aspire to be apart of any BGLO or who have never been rejected… do so much research on our organizations ?

Richard L. Evans
Old 06-06-2008, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

[quote=G-Kue 1911;1664444]
Quote:
^ Thanks for the tactful response. Im not, nor will I ever be any Greek organizations reject. No axes to grind, nothing. Just a dude who read a book and had a follow-up question.

Why is it that the people who never aspire to be apart of any BGLO or who have never been rejected… do so much research on our organizations ?
No my Greek Brother..... he didn't say he's not aspiring, he said he'll never be a reject.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Ahhhhh....ok.....good catch....these GDI's are getting clever or it could be these coronas are getting me off my game .

[quote=Senusret I;1664450]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Kue 1911 View Post

No my Greek Brother..... he didn't say he's not aspiring, he said he'll never be a reject.

Richard L. Evans
Old 06-06-2008, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Kue 1911 View Post
Ahhhhh....ok.....good catch....these GDI's are getting clever or it could be these coronas are getting me off my game .

LOL....maybe both. Happy Friday to you too.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

[quote=G-Kue 1911;1664444]
Quote:

If I may-

Here at ASU we have a Greek 101 class, facilitated by members of each of the 5 councils (and for those of you that aren't caught up with the 5, its NPHC, IFC, Pan-hel, NALFO, and MGC) with the mission to educate people on the different cultures that encompass the Greek system.

I was lucky enough to facilitate that class, and learn a lot about what other councils do. Their public traditions, what it means to step and stroll, and also learned about alot of the public history (particularly about APhiA, AKA, ODPhi, and KDChi (the latter 2 are NALFO orgs))

I found it incredibly interesting to learn about what people thought, how chapters were started, where, by whom, and what the reasoning was behind it. Being a member of a Greek org myself, I know why we were founded, I know by whom, what we stand for, as well as almost everything that there is to be known... But it's always intrigued me to learn about others.

So questions that are being asked, if all intent is pure, are nothing more than the seeking of knowledge to make people become less ignorant.

Shrug, just my two cents.

-JJ

editors note: I mean no disrespect in my response, so please don't take it that way.
Arizona State University
Pledge Ed F'08