GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 797
0 members and 797 guests
No Members online

Old 01-03-2019, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Stolen Badge

My daughters badge was stolen from her apartment in Lubbock, TX sometime between 12/21 and 12/25. It's white gold all saphire with the EE guard. If you see one matching that description for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2019, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Which sorority?
Old 01-03-2019, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
This is an ADPi badge we're looking for?

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 01-03-2019, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, ADPi.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so sorry to hear that and will absolutely be keeping my eyes peeled. Is her grandmother's badge safe?
Old 01-03-2019, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Tell her to visit local pawn shops for a couple of months to look for it. I am sure she has reported the theft to the police. Sure hope it comes back to her.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Also check eBay.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Grrrr... I am so sorry that this happened in such a lovely, friendly town. I would second the Pawn Shops and Mike’s Gold (MGB) recommendation. It’s been several years, but we’ve recovered stolen goods that were trying to be pawned in Lubbock. If you take a printout of the item description with a picture to all of the shops—along with your contact info—it can really help. Warning—there are more shops than you would expect and sometimes they go to Midland/Odessa or Amarillo to sell the goods. It’s not hopeless. Best wishes on a quick return.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that and will absolutely be keeping my eyes peeled. Is her grandmother's badge safe?
Luckily, the last time she had been home, she forgot to take my mom's badge back with her. So that badge is safe and sound.

Evidently there was a rash of breakins in Lubbock over Christmas. They targeted the college kids that had gone home for the holidays. My daughter has been contacted by one of the TV stations for an interview. They are planning on running a story about the theifs. She is still working on her list of everything that was taken and should have that complete today. I went through craigslist yesterday looking for items...to no avail. Great idea about taking the list to the pawn shops. I'll have her do so.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
Luckily, the last time she had been home, she forgot to take my mom's badge back with her. So that badge is safe and sound.

Evidently there was a rash of breakins in Lubbock over Christmas. They targeted the college kids that had gone home for the holidays. My daughter has been contacted by one of the TV stations for an interview. They are planning on running a story about the theifs. She is still working on her list of everything that was taken and should have that complete today. I went through craigslist yesterday looking for items...to no avail. Great idea about taking the list to the pawn shops. I'll have her do so.
Eek! I've lived here in Lubbock for a year now, and I can't believe there were so many break-ins! It seems so sleepy and safe here to me! Then again, I'm back at work and campus (and the entire town) is so dead in comparison to when students are here
Old 01-05-2019, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Tell her to visit local pawn shops for a couple of months to look for it. I am sure she has reported the theft to the police. Sure hope it comes back to her.

Yes, momof4girls, get that police report ASAP!! If the badge turns up on eBay or at some other seller, you will need that report to help stop the sale and recover the badge.

Other places to check: Poshmark.com, Mercari.com and OfferUp.com

True and Constant

Last edited by navane; 01-06-2019 at 03:21 PM.