GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,285
1 members and 2,284 guests
Sciencewoman

Old 08-03-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterXO
I know, my friends always make fun of me for that too! That outfit sounds very cute, btw. I'm a fan of not so simple shoes with a simple outfit as well. It's a surprising but cute addition to a preppy outfit.
My theory is if you dress old/classic when you're young, then you will still look young when you really are old.

See: boys in 1980's wearing suits & skinny ties as opposed to boys in 2000s wearing silly message t-shirts & trucker hats.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel
OMG. This is scary. I agree with you!
LOL! Crazy things happen on GC!
Old 08-03-2006, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What's considered the norm and acceptable, depends on where you live.
I agree. I used to advise at UCLA. What they wear to recruitment is very different than the PNM's you'll see at GWU, where I have also helped out at recrutment.

But it also depends on the decade. I would never advise PNMs at my school to wear what I wore for recruitment. It's changed a lot, and I've only kept up with it because of my friends who volunteer during recruitment or as chapter advisers at the school.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf
I've only kept up with it because of my friends who volunteer during recruitment or as chapter advisers at the school.
Oh, come on, you know you're DYING to pull those leggings out of the back of your closet. They're practically screaming to you.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Back on topic, friends. I really am not up to housekeeping today.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf
I agree. I used to advise at UCLA. What they wear to recruitment is very different than the PNM's you'll see at GWU, where I have also helped out at recrutment.

But it also depends on the decade. I would never advise PNMs at my school to wear what I wore for recruitment. It's changed a lot, and I've only kept up with it because of my friends who volunteer during recruitment or as chapter advisers at the school.
I disagree... I wore a sundress.. at UF...they still wear sundresses. I wore a jeans skirt.. they still wear jeans skirts.. I wore a cocktail dress.. they still wear cocktail dresses.

Now... at the rush in NJ.. oy! The PNMs wore Jeans, jeans, jeans, and more jeans. Bellies sticking out under too tight and too short t-shirts, I even saw some thong underwear peaking out from some very low rise jeans. And, as I mentioned... jeans and Ugg boots for pref night.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin
When you were at UF it was how many years ago? More than 10?
It was 1000. I rode a dinosaur to rush. I wore the cutest tiger skin dress with my hair tied up in a bone.

Here's a photo of my boyfriend and I celebrating after I got my bid.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:33 AM

Quote:
It was 1000. I rode a dinosaur to rush. I wore the cutest tiger skin dress with my hair tied up in a bone.

Here's a photo of my boyfriend and I celebrating after I got my bid.

OK this was funny.

But I'm going to start taking a drink every time you say "jeans and Ugg boots for pref night." NJ is not Florida. It is cold sometimes. People dress for the weather. Not to mention the campus topography is not always conducive to cute little heels and cute little dresses.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl
OK this was funny.

But I'm going to start taking a drink every time you say "jeans and Ugg boots for pref night." NJ is not Florida. It is cold sometimes. People dress for the weather. Not to mention the campus topography is not always conducive to cute little heels and cute little dresses.
EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 03:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm a California girl born and raised and I'm moving out of LA for the 1st time in the fall to attend school at the university of Kansas!!! Im really nervous that girls there are going to have a completely different style than what I'm used to. For example: what if "church wear" in LA is different that "church wear" in Kansas. People at my shorts, tank tops and flip flops to church (and I'm sure thats not what KU is looking for haha). Please give me some advice
Old 06-22-2008, 04:52 AM

I'm pretty sure there's a thread or two somewhere that has discused Kansas in the past. If you use the google advanced search engine you should be able to locate it. Meanwhile, I found this link http://www.k-state.edu/greek/recruitment/guidetoFMR.htm for Kansas State. Not the same school but, likely, similar attire. IIRC, there's a couple GC's from your school. They might chime in too.

Good Luck!
Old 06-22-2008, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

im wearing a very elegant alice and olivia dress that ties around the neck but is very conservative besides showing back (i have a slender build and will work on my posture!) should i rethink it? :/
Old 06-23-2008, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

As long as it isn't a semi-formal or formal dress, sounds fine for prefs at UCF. UCF recruitment attire is casual, for the most part, and gets progressively dressier as you head into Video Day and prefs. You can get away with shorts and t-shirts or a casual sundress the first two days. By Video Day, wear something like a sundress. For prefs, something you'd wear to a nice dinner or maybe your high school graduation dress.