GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 935
1 members and 934 guests
No Members online

Old 02-21-2007, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

It's about choices...

Your Dream mate has arrived…with strings. You can choose three attributes of the following six that your mate will possess. On a scale of 1 to 10, your mate will score a perfect 10 on those traits you choose. On those traits that you do not choose, your mate will score a 1. You will have to spend the rest of your life with this person.

Which attributes do you choose for your mate and why? Why do you choose to sacrifice those attributes that you have? Remember - choose three!

Brains

Beauty

Body

Money

Personality

Utility (i.e. s/he can do whatever you need a mate to do for you in any area you would choose)
~ Luke 19:10
Old 02-21-2007, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Brains=1= This makes me sad, but I would have to give up brains for personality

Beauty=1= I likes and ole Busta Rymes, Lil Wayne ugly dude.

Body=10 He needs to have something to visually attract me.

Money=1=This makes me sad, but i will give up money if i REALLY like the guy.

Personality=10= This is the most important quality

Utility (i.e. s/he can do whatever you need a mate to do for you in any area you would choose)=10= I want a throw back dude who knows how to fix stuff, like my daddy. When the car gets a flat, I dont want him staring at me looking dumb
Old 02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Brains=1 Common sense is more important

Beauty=1 Average looking is best. He's less likely to be full of himself.

Body=10 Even if I can't see him (in the dark), I can still tell if he has a nice body or not.

Money=10 I'd rather not depend on any man and don't want him depending on me. Also, I don't want to deal with the insecurities of a man who makes less than me.

Personality=10 If he doesn't have this, why waste my time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teena View Post
When the car gets a flat, I dont want him staring at me looking dumb
LOL!!!

Utility= 1 Though I'd prefer a man like my daddy, I'm pretty handy myself.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:42 PM
kissy324

Personality (10)-A good personality is a plus!

Money (10)- Let's keep it real! We BOTH have to be bringing in the
dollars. I don't have to be rich, but I need to be comfortable (Rich
would be okay though )

Utility (10)- I'm a handy person, but it's nothing like having a man who
can dayum near fix everything

Brains (1)- As long as he's not a complete idiot, can hold a decent
conversation, and has some intelligence, he would do just fine.

Body (1)- We can work out together.

Beauty (1)- I don't want a man who looks just as good or better than I
do. As long as he is not bad on the eyes.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Money (10) I couldn't be happy being poor. Period. Plus we can use it to pay for someone to do the "utility"

Beauty (10)- I have to look at this person for the rest of my life. I need him to look good. And I need to give my offspring a good start in life, lol.

Personality (10) I couldn't stand an irritating, aggravating person. The personality would have to be on point.

Brains (1) I'm smart enough for both of us

Body (1)-Any body is going to deteriorate over time.

Utility (1)- we can pay someone to do the handy work.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Beauty (10) - I have to be attracted to the person who I am expected to remain committed to for the rest of my life. I mean, I have to wake up to this person.

Personality (10) - We have to be able to get along well and enjoy each other. This is really what makes the magic stay in a relationship.

Brains (10) - An intellectual conversation can be a major turn-on. I have to be able to communicate with my mate on all levels. A relationship has to run like a business sometimes too. I don't want to be the only one who knows how to balance the checkbook and read the directions when we're confused.

Body (1) - I guess I'm not concerned about this too much because I already rated the mate a 10 on beauty. So, the body can't be that bad...LOL

Utility (1) - You can teach someone how to do things the way you like them done. That doesn't have to come with the package.

Money (1) - This is one of the few things in life that you can win, earn, ask for, save, or be given. My point is that you never know what your financial situation is going to be and there are too many options to consider. Someone can start out struggling only to end up with a large account at work and a huge bonus or an inheritance. Vice versa as well.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
Brains (10) For me, there are different types/areas of intelligence, so the person doesn't have to be book smart or worldly, but I would like him to have knowledge and intelligence in his own 'thing', whatever that may be.

Body (10) I have to be attracted to the person physically, so if I can't have beauty, his body will make up for it.

Personality (10) I HAVE to like you as a person. This is most important.

Beauty (1) If I have to choose between beauty and body, I can do without the beauty

Money (1) Doesn't really matter to me.

Utility (1) He can learn as we go along.

It's a jungle out there.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlessedOne04 Send a message via Yahoo to BlessedOne04
Brains 10-I value brains over everything!! Its the one thing that cannot be taken away from a person. I feel that if my man has brains he can do anything.

Beauty 1-I'd rather have inner beauty (brains, thoughts, feelings etc) rather than outter apperance. Besides outter beauty fades!!

Body 10-Umm, umm, umm I love a man with a nice body!!! And not necessarily I go to the gym errday and twice on Sunday and stay for 4 hours!

Money 1-Important because we need it to live however its not the focal point of our relationship.

Personality 10- I prefer my man to have his own personality as oppose to hiding behind mine!

Utility (i.e. s/he can do whatever you need a mate to do for you in any area you would choose)
Old 02-21-2007, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Brains-10-If a man is smart he can figure out how to up his game in the money and utility areas...plus smart to me can be a combination of book, street smarts, and common sense...I couldn't talk to someone as dumb as a bag of rocks no matter how fine he was...

Body-10-I gotta be attracted to him and I have a serious weakness for a sexy brother who is thick in the thighs like a linebacker or field hand

Personality-10-we gotta be able to laugh and get along well...plus we'll need the personality once the body fades!!!

Money-1-As long as he's working and trying to better his situation I'm normally good...plus I plan to be wealthy so I got us!!!

Utility-1-it helps but its not that important...

Beauty-1-its good to have but since I had to pick btween beauty and body, I had to take body...plus there are plenty of sexy men who are that handsome..

When you drop the baggage, your hands will then be free to embrace the blessings...
Old 02-21-2007, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Brains=10 I need someone who can stimulate me intellectually

Beauty=10 Like others, I have to look at his mug for the rest of my life

Body=1 Physical attributes come and go; besides they only have to have a few sexy body parts to turn me on

Money=1 If he has brains, we can get money

Personality=1 Too much 'personality' is stressful for an introvert like me

Utility=10 I am not necessarily high maintenance but if he is going to be around, he might as well make himself useful

Rank - 1)Brains 2)Utility 3)Beauty
Old 02-21-2007, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Personality: I LOVE a man with his own swagger and style!
Money: I've been broke and currently am, but I'll be DAMNED if I continue to live my life that way! We need some money in the bank!
Body: Have you looked in the "'Cause You're My Black Brotha...'" thread lately?

Beauty: It's in the eye of the beholder! As long as I love the way he looks, that's all that matters. Plus, I'm beautiful enough for us both!
Brains: He doesn't have to be a brainiac, but he should have common sense.
Utility: I have my own toolkit. Besides, with money, we'll be able to hire a handyman.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Brains (1) - sad to see this one go, but in the larger scheme of things, I need less of a brainiac and more of a man that can keep a smile on my face. As long as he can keep a smile on my face, we'll be okay.

Beauty (10) - looks aren't the end all, be all for me, but I can't imagine myself with an almost deformed looking ug-mug for the rest of my life...one of those faces that make you sad, just by the sight of it, and that's what I'm thinking a 1 would be.

Body (1) I'm hoping the overall beauty will distract me from the less than stellar body. I figure your body can only be so jacked up if your overall beauty is a 10 :-P

Money (10) I just can't do poor. Sure, I could say that I'd be the one to bring home the bacon, but I know I wouldn't want to have to do it.

Personality (10) my dream mate would also be my best friend, so a great personality is a non-negotiable.

Utility (1) we'll hire handymen with all the money my dream man will have
Old 02-22-2007, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Your Dream mate has arrived…with strings. You can choose three attributes of the following six that your mate will possess. On a scale of 1 to 10, your mate will score a perfect 10 on those traits you choose. On those traits that you do not choose, your mate will score a 1. You will have to spend the rest of your life with this person.

Which attributes do you choose for your mate and why? Why do you choose to sacrifice those attributes that you have? Remember - choose three!

Brains

Beauty

Body

Money

Personality

Brains 10. I can't stand a narrow minded woman. I can't have a conversation with an idiot. Basically, I'm a nerd and I want a nerd in my life. This is a must.

Beauty 10. I have to be physically attracted to her. That's a must.

Body 1. Body is not as important to me as long as she's not a big woman. Nothing against big women, I'm just not physically attracted to them. Nice legs and pretty feet, I'm good with that. I can't suck her toes if she has ugly feet. I do have a foot fettish :-)

Money 1. I don't really care about the money. Money makes things a lot easier but it doesn't buy happiness, plus I want to be the provider for my woman, financially, emotionally, physically and spiritually.

Personality 10. This is very important, because I love a woman with a great sense of humor, and a wonderful, positive personality. This is a must. No ghetto, foul mouth, lip smacking, nagging woman. Major turn off.

Utility 1. That's just not important to me at all. I wouldn't want my woman to get her hands dirty doing manual labor. I'll do that.
Romans 1:16

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 02-22-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Obsession8 Send a message via Yahoo to Obsession8
Cool Okay, I'll bite.

I really had to think about this. The superficial, high maintenance, 2007 "me" wants perfect 10s across the board. But, since that's not an option, here's how I broke it down:

10s: Beauty, Money, and Personality
1s: Body, Brains, and Utility

~*~

Beauty: It was really a toss-up between this and body. Like many others have said, I have to have something nice to look at. I can't hold it down all on my own. Cosign what Soror SKEEphistAKAte said about offspring. Since I'm in the sciences, I constantly have genetics on the brain. I don't want to be the only one holding up my end of the bargain in that department. Just keepin' it real. And, cosign what Soror BusyBee1908 said about overall beauty. If my ideal man is nice looking, I figure he's got the body to match.

Money: Gotta have financial security. He doesn't have to be makin' mad cheese, but, between the both of us, we need to have the means to live comfortably. Of course I'll be makin' enough paper on my own just in case we don't make it and so that I can uphold my high maintenance status.

Personality: He not only has to show me "signs of life", but he should be able to impress my family as well (esp. my aunts; they're like Marge Simpson's sisters ). Looks can only carry him so far.

~*~

Body: Hated to give this one up, but (I'm hoping) it ties in with his ranking as a "10" in the beauty department.

Brains: Hated to give this up, too. But, as long as he's got common sense and shows that he's "moderately" intelligent, he doesn't have to be Einstein. Besides, most of the men I know that are on the brainiac side tend to be condescending and have "know-it-all" attitudes. I can't stand that.

Utility: It helps, but cosign about being able to hire a handyman.

~*~

So, phrat, what about you? Care to answer your own scenario?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post

Brains

Beauty

Body

Money

Personality

Interesting question.

I'd choose my 10's to be Brains, Money, and Personality. I'm the type of person who doesn't really care if you're pretty to look at. If I can talk to you intelligently and have a great conversation with you, then that's all I need. I don't need a supermodel or a bodybuilder.