GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,413
2 members and 1,411 guests
chironthearcher

Old 09-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

FSUZETAS DAUGHTER'S RECRUITMENT THREAD

would anyone like to hear one more recruitment story?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-19-2006, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Of course not.

Are you kidding?
Old 09-19-2006, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay for FSUZeta's daughter! Let's hear it!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

her recruitment began on friday and tonight is bid night.

would you rather me post it all tonight, or make one post everyday, as if it is in present time?
Old 09-19-2006, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Post it all tonight as separate posts of each day.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

All at once, please.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
I'm ready...bring it on!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Unregistered-

I tend to DVR my TV shows because I hate commercials.

I'm a big fan of all at once.

Good luck to your daughter!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:15 PM

All of it today, please.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

okay, friends. here we go.

my daughter is a freshman at samford university in birmingham, alabama.it is a typical southern, traditional school of approximately 3000 undergrads. it has a pharmacy school and a law school.she absolutely loves it and is so happy that she is there. she has a great roommate, and a larger than normal, corner room, has made friends and gotten involved in some clubs on campus, so life is good.

there are 5 sororities at samford-alpha delta pi, alpha omicron pi, chi omega, phi mu and zeta tau alpha. several of these chapters are among the top chapters of their respective sororities. the largest sorority has around 150 members-the smallest has around 60. they all have houses, although the smallest(which is also the newest) only moved into a house on west campus(where the greeks are housed) last year. they were housed in another part of campus before that. the house became available when another sorority left campus.

between family and friends, my daughter was able to secure recommendations to each chapter on campus.

recruitment began friday night with philanthrophy night. that round actually takes place over 2 days, so the pnms might attend three parties on friday night and two on saturday afternoon, or their schedule might be reversed.

the pnms were supplied with a recruitment t-shirt that they were to wear during the phil. rounds. my daughter said it is really cute-has a sort of partridge family theme, and that her's is not too big-she is quite petite, and was a little worried that the small might be too big, so maybe they ordered the baby t's. it was suggested that the pnms wear shorts or jeans with their t-shirts, so she opted to wear the jeans, with a cute pair of flat sandals(birmingham is in the foothills of the appalachian mountains and is quite hilly)

her rho gamma group attended three parties on friday night. first they attended alpha omicron pi. she said that they were really cute-they wore baseball style t-shirts with the 3/4 length sleeves that are colored differently than the body of the shirt-they wore jeans. their main fundraiser for arthritis research is a softball tournament, hence their theme. they showed a video and she had a really great conversation with a girl who is a senior.

next her group visited chi omega. she said that they wore red, short sleeved t-shirts with their philanthrophies listed on the back and chi omega over the heart. they wore jean skirts. she met lots of girls there, but said that she felt that she did not get to have a really good conversation with anyone, because she met so many girls. they showed a video. they support a lot of local charities.

her last party of the night was phi mu. they were dressed in brightly colored polo style shirts, with phi mu enbroidered over the heart. they also wore jean skirts and showed a video. she felt that she had good conversations here.

on saturday, her first party was zta. the girls were dressed in turquoise, 3/4 length sleeves and white full, knee length skirts. zeta tau alpha was written in cursive in pink,centered on the bust. she was very impressed with the way their room was decorated. they had taken pink and turquiose tulle and covered the ceiling with it, drawing the tulle toward the center of the ceiling and it hung down in the center. at various intervals, white paper lantern which were lit, were hung from the tulle. the two end walls were covered in white sheets.
she felt that she had good conversations here and liked everyone she met. she met the girl who had designed the decorations for the party, and she was, of course, an interior design major. she enjoyed learning the logistics for hanging all that tulle!! as the party neared the end, she said that the president came over and introduced herself,and said that she had heard a lot about my daughter, which of course made her a bit nervous, but the president assured her that it was all good. the zetas did not show a video, but had several members speak about the philanthrophies they support.

my daughter then had a break and attended the last party of the day, at alpha delta pi. they were dressed in khaki skirts and cute t-shirts. she especially liked their nametags. they had a dark blue background, with white cardstock ontop of that- their names were printed in a cute script and had a bright colored artificial daisy on the top right corner. they showed a video and she had some good conversations here. they seemed so proud of their phil.(the ronald mcdonald house) and devote a lot of time to it.

after this party they met back with their rho gamma(recruitment guide) and ranked the houses. they can attend three parties on sunday.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

OK so I can tell this is going to be an addicting thread!!
I can't wait to hear more!!

I totally hope she gets her heart's desire and goes where she belongs...But since there is a ZTA chapter at Samford, I hope (and I bet I'm not alone) that your daughter may become your sister I love stories like that, but I also love stories with a happy ending!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I love the details

I didn't appreciate the way that writing a rush thread after the fact means that you can give so much more detail!

I'm enjoying this!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphagamuga View Post
I didn't appreciate the way that writing a rush thread after the fact means that you can give so much more detail!

I'm enjoying this!
ok I'm sorry and not trying to be rude, but that sounded kind of like an oxymoron...you didn't like she gave more details, but you are enjoying the thread...maybe I just read it wrong and am slow tonight...thanks
Old 09-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

sunday-theme day

on sunday afternoon, she attended three parties. all the houses showed videos of their past years accomplishments

first she attended alpha omicron pi. they had a christmas theme. they were dressed in red and green. she felt that she did not have as great a conversation with the girls she met, and she is a little unsure of her feelings now.

she then attended phi mu's party. they had a spa theme. she did not feel as connected as she had during the first party and felt that the conversation was a little stilted. maybe she was tired, or maybe she just didn't connect with the girl. i do know that my daughter usually can find something to talk about with almost anyone, so who knows???

lastly, she visited zta. once again they impressed her. their theme was picture yourself here. they had draped all the walls in black and had framed blownup photos of the members hung from the ceiling just a fraction away from the wall-all over the room. one frame was empty-so each pnm could picture themselves there.she liked their video-she learned that there are a lot of campus movers and shakers in this chapter. she liked that because she was just elected freshman class v.p., and would love some guidance from other sga members.

after the final party, the rho gamma group met and ranked the sororites for monday-preferentials.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

it's all good. i realized what alphagamuga meant. she was saying that before now, she thought that posting a recruitment thread after the fact was sort of moot, or anticlimatic, but now she sees that a lot more detail can be shared, because it is all after the fact.

i had a hard time deciding whether to post during or after, but honestly, i am glad now that i waited. my daughter is quite the artist(although she is majoring in sports medicine) and has the artists eye-so i am able to share all this detail with you all. i could not have been so "indiscreet" otherwise!!

more to come.