GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,120
0 members and 1,120 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Is anyone else's rush experience like ....

I go to a commuter school, and there are no sorority houses. My school is in the North East. There was one day where all the greek sororites and frats were outside in our quad but thats been it, now they all have individual rush meetings and mixers etc. But they are all at the same time, like today there were 3 sororities rush meetings at the same time, so how am I suppose to get to know all the sororities if there events are all at the same time.

so I did find I fit in well with the sorority I choose to go to today but...

They are very informal which is ok with me, but after reading the boards here its not what I expected at all. We have national sororities, but the one I choose to go to is a Regional (only 6 schools). There were about maybe 8 girls there, out of the 26 that are active, and they were about 10 minutes late to the meeting spot on campus. They talked about guys and the frats and how its a good way to meet guys. They talked about drinking, they even asked if we drank ( by show of hands), and who is of age. I heard the words wasted, and a story of falling in a pool, etc. I heard two of the sisters swear one must have about 10 times in conversation.One girl thats a member dropped out of school but is still a member (How does that work?) Now from reading the boards I just thought that they would leave all that out, and was preparing myself to be all proper, which I was anyway. I really like the girls I was just a little surprised, but maybe its b/c its NYC so idk.
Has anyone else experienced this type of rush?

Last edited by *BetaBaby*; 09-26-2006 at 07:15 PM.