GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,118
1 members and 1,117 guests
No Members online

Old 05-23-2002, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Morning News Shows

May Sweeps Month is coming to a close. Almost every network featured something "special". Morning news/talk shows were no exception. Here are a few things that have happened.

Good Morning America- An African-American couple, Sandy and Julius Chambers, wedded during GMA's annual Wedding in Times Square.

CBS This Morning- It was announced that Bryant Gymbal would resign as the host. There was buzz that Meredith Viera of ABC's "The View" would join Jane Clayson.

NBC's Today Show- Matt Lauer did his annual voyage: "Where in the World is Matt Lauer?"

Which of the morning shows do you watch as you are getting ready for work/school?
Old 05-23-2002, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

TV Shows

I watch the Today show. I like Matt Lauer and Al Roocker(sp?). I saw where in the world is Matt Lauer, I loved it. But I do no think that I can do that much traveling in such a short amount of time.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm only able to watch our local AM news. By the time I get to work, the national AM shows are not on, unless it's CNN.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

ABC

I usually watch Good Morning America. At first I didn't because A Different World reruns came on at the same time, but they have been taken off so now I watch GMA (or Designing Women if GMA is boring).
Old 05-23-2002, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I like Good Morning America because Diane is so warm and Charlie is sort of quirky...a nice combination for a morning show. I grew up watching Today, but after Bryant left...I left them too. When commercials come on..I flip between the three to see if they have anything interesting on.

Last edited by nikki25; 05-23-2002 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Today Show

I like the personalities on this show and the fact that they're really creative... not just your straight up interviews and news blurps.
Old 05-23-2002, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
I am an GMA girl all the way! I think Diane is beautiful and I love Tony Perkins, he's always doing something offbeat. I onlty watch the Today show when they have someone I like performing outside. And I only watch the CBS show to see the last person cast off from Survivor the night before. By the way, Meredith turned down CBS so she could take on being the host of the new syndicated version of "who wants to be a millionaire?"
Old 05-23-2002, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Exquisite5
Totally a Today Girl!

from the finefiveclub
Old 05-23-2002, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
GMA all the way! Charlie is too funny and the rapport between he and Diane always seems very real. You can tell that they really like one another and hang out.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 05-24-2002, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: So close to the city of Big Shoulders, that I can almost taste it
GMA

I've been watching Good Morning America since I was a little girl. I love Diane and Charlie, but I can't help feeling nostalgic for Spencer Christian, at times. Tony can be annoying.
Old 05-26-2002, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember when Tony Perkins was a meteorologist for FOX in Washington DC before he moved to Ny for GMA...when he left there and I left DC for VA...I starte watching the Today Show and watch it faithfully 6 days a week (that includes Saturday). I like Katie Couric and Matt...and also on Saturday the black girl. Al Roker is funny at times...but I'm not fond of that Ann...whatever her last name is...she just seems straight to the point without having room for deviations...she seems more serious than the rest of the morning crew.
Old 05-26-2002, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

The Today Show is my favorite morning news show.
Old 05-27-2002, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I that show that comes on right before "The Today Show". I think It's called "Early Today." They give all the business news.
Old 05-27-2002, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I watch the Today Show every morning before I leave for work.

"Bound by ties of love and Sisterhood"