GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 1,664
1 members and 1,663 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 04-24-2003, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to uwwsweetie
House Signing

Just curious how other sororities and fraternities choose rooms in their houses!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-24-2003, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

We have a point system set up that gives members points for doing events and participating. The people who have the most points get first pick.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Roseblum15
We go by seniority in the sorority and then the number of credits you have.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

We have a system that apparently some think complicated...

Because we have summer rush here, we have 22 spots reserved for pledges. After that, all sophomores (or guys entering their second year in the house) get a spot if they want it. All 10 of our execs are required to live in.

If there are spots left after that, then it goes to the junior class, and the order is based on the number of points earned during your pledge semester which is reflected by our "pin" or roll number. Right now we have way more guys who want to live in than can, and so roll number becomes important if you want to live in as a junior.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MSUgreek
We have a point system set up that gives members points for doing events and participating. The people who have the most points get first pick.
Our house has a very similar system- we have room picks next week- wish me luck
Old 04-24-2003, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PSK480
What we do is squatters rights first, if you've lived in the house longer you get first pick, even if someone has ritual over you. Then we do it by ritual, like if you ahve the same year of squatters then you go but ritual, or if you are living in the house for the first time you go by ritual with everyone else who hasn't lived there before. This is the only time when we really condone calling ritual on someone in your own pledge class. If someone really wants a certain room for a good reason we usually will let them have it even if someone who has squatters and ritual calls it. Those two just have to work it out.
Phi Sigma Kappa - Nu Pentaton #480
"From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -William Shakespeare

Last edited by PSK480; 04-24-2003 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a priorirty points system, based on Grades, # of semesters as a member, # of semesters living in, positions (exec and cabinet are weight differenty), clubs, orgs, work, other time consuming activities. Also, if you were there to participate in Recruitment and Spirit Week (Work Week). Of all the categories, grades are weighted the most. This year was really close, and I think that some people we separated by just a couple of points in some cases. It gets really competitive sometimes, because some rooms are bigger than others and as expected, they always go first. We have room selection this Saturday, so it should be pretty interesting...
Old 04-25-2003, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PSK480
What we do is squatters rights first, if you've lived in the house longer you get first pick, even if someone has ritual over you. Then we do it by ritual, like if you ahve the same year of squatters then you go but ritual, or if you are living in the house for the first time you go by ritual with everyone else who hasn't lived there before. This is the only time when we really condone calling ritual on someone in your own pledge class. If someone really wants a certain room for a good reason we usually will let them have it even if someone who has squatters and ritual calls it. Those two just have to work it out.
We do it pretty much like this , but not by ritual number, just by pledge classes...so say Suzy A and Amy Z were both in the same pledge class, they would have the same ranking even though Suzy has the better pin number. Once we get down to ties that close, we (I believe) look at offices held and merit point system. Our room selection isn't too bad because we only sleep 8 at our house.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Our's goes like this:

Executive offices,
Regular offices,
Then by GPA

Seniors to Freshman

The house sleeps 60.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking House Signing

I am fairly new to this site, but wanted to express my opinion here. When I was a pledge, I remember staying at the "sister" house many nights.......my question is this..do any of you allow the pledges to stay overnight, or a few days in the "sister" house? I only ask because I remember doing this my self! It was great for me and I learned a lot about the sisters during those times.

Brooke
DZ 1990
Old 04-25-2003, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: House Signing

Quote:
Originally posted by BROOKE
I am fairly new to this site, but wanted to express my opinion here. When I was a pledge, I remember staying at the "sister" house many nights.......my question is this..do any of you allow the pledges to stay overnight, or a few days in the "sister" house? I only ask because I remember doing this my self! It was great for me and I learned a lot about the sisters during those times.

Brooke
DZ 1990
Umm, 'Sister' house as opposed to what? The 'pledge' house??!!
I don't get it.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

We did not have a pledge house, which I think most Sororities don't, but I just remember staying at the "sister house" on many occassions....was just wondering if other sororities allowed pledges to stay in the house....didn't mean to confuse anyone. Sorry!
Old 04-25-2003, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
We have a smaller, unofficial house, so people who have lived in get first choice, then it goes by initiation order.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to update- our house had room picks tonight, and I was about 1/2 way down on the list- I ended up getting a great room, w/ really awesome roommates... lol, I'm totally excited, but it'll be a change from having my own room to living in a house w/ 32 girls
Old 05-02-2003, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
The house manager let us pick our roommates this year. We are moving into a bigger house, so more girls can live there. But, I'm not sure how she picked the room. Alot of the girls wanted to live on the main or upper floors, whereas those of us that wanted to be basement dwellers pretty much got the pick of what room we got. I have an awesome roommate, and a huge room with lots of sunlight. Only problem is, it's the room that the boys like to break into----hmm, maybe I should go buy some copper piping to slide into my window!
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.