GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,606
2 members and 1,604 guests
Sarak24034

Old 03-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Somewhat on topic: Alpha Delta Pi sister Danica McKellar was interviewed by ADPi sister Ainsley Earhardt on Fox & Friends this morning. Danica read part of her latest book on math for children to some kids. No letters, unfortunately!
Old 03-08-2017, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Saw a couple women wearing AST letter shirts in Colonial Williamsburg yesterday. I would guess they're from Radford or one of the other chapters in Virginia, even though none of them are super close by. Also saw a car with Tri-Sigma and Phi Delta Theta letters on it, which confused me a little, but I guess it's a couple/siblings who share a car?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Tri Sigma tee

Check out what I saw while watching Amazing Race tonight:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/220451...55325171654759
Old 06-22-2017, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, the pleasures of multiple greek letter sightings during the summer months! Just observed a pink Alpha Gamma Delta car window decal in a new-to-me form: all three greek letters were partly curved to form the edge of a six-inch diameter circle (alpha curved on left edge, gamma across top, and delta on right side).
Old 06-24-2017, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Walked past a Kappa Delta Phi on a train from Nuneaton to London Euston yesterday
Old 07-21-2017, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

On the tv news today, a woman being interviewed about a neighborhood summer festival showed a video which included a band. One band member wore a blue and white Phi Beta Sigma hat.

Several weeks ago on a single parked car were several very large rear-window stickers indicating University of Missouri, Sigma Sigma Sigma, University of Wisconsin, and Delta Delta Delta.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Last week I ran into a fellow Alpha Xi at Target. She was wearing an event shirt and chatted with her for a little.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Last summer I was on vacation in Hawaii with my family and I ran into an ASA alumna who commented on my tote that had letters on it. The next day, someone noticed my letters on my shirt and my school's logo on my flip flops and said they were an AOPi at my school and good friends with one of my sisters. Such a small world!
Old 08-17-2017, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I just started a new job on Monday. Today I was talking to the person training me, and I mentioned how I'm the editor for my sorority's magazine. She asked me which sorority and then said she's a KKG.

@~/~~~~
Old 08-17-2017, 10:08 PM

I saw a few people wearing Delta Sigma Pi letters around New Orleans this evening. It seems their Grand Chapter Congress is taking place here this week.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
I just started a new job on Monday. Today I was talking to the person training me, and I mentioned how I'm the editor for my sorority's magazine. She asked me which sorority and then said she's a KKG.
I actually found out yesterday that TWO people I know are members of NPCs.

I went to dinner with my parents and some of their friends who I've seen a dozen or so times. We got into useless hidden talents we have and for some reason started reciting different alphabets. The one woman said she could do the Greek alphabet, and I said it with her. I then said the only reason I knew it was because I'm in a sorority. She asked which one, then told me she's a Chi Omega.

@~/~~~~
Old 08-18-2017, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
I actually found out yesterday that TWO people I know are members of NPCs.

I went to dinner with my parents and some of their friends who I've seen a dozen or so times. We got into useless hidden talents we have and for some reason started reciting different alphabets. The one woman said she could do the Greek alphabet, and I said it with her. I then said the only reason I knew it was because I'm in a sorority. She asked which one, then told me she's a Chi Omega.
Surprised she didn't confuse you by reciting the greek alphabet backward, as I understand all Chi Omegas must learn it that way.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Surprised she didn't confuse you by reciting the greek alphabet backward, as I understand all Chi Omegas must learn it that way.
Is that before or after they get in and out of the coffin?

Sorry, couldn't resist!
Old 08-19-2017, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
I just tested myself and I was able to do it, but there was a some mental, "let's run the alphabet forwards to figure out what is before a specific letter."

OTOH, Given that Chi Omega's chapter ordering (Psi to Alpha, Psi Alpha to Alpha Alpha, Psi Beta to Alpha Beta, etc), it seems like a reasonable thing to expect pledges to learn.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Yesterday at Disney's Hollywood Studios Delta Phi Epsilon, Alpha Gamma Delta, Delta Zeta and Alpha Sigma Alpha shirts