GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,279
2 members and 2,277 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17

Old 01-12-2013, 06:12 AM
GreekChat Member

decisions

hi everyone, I am a senior in high school right now and I have been accepted to texas A&M so I just wanted to get real ideas of the sororities. Help?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-12-2013, 06:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorialee View Post
hi everyone, I am a senior in high school right now and I have been accepted to texas A&M so I just wanted to get real ideas of the sororities. Help?
What about them?

Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Sororities are great! You should rush. Any more questions?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

READ... read read read read and read some more on this site. There is no question that has not been asked and answered many times. We like to help those who help themselves.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

As a general rule, we don't weigh in on personal opinions of particular sorority chapter reputations on this website. If that is what you are seeking, the politically correct answer is that you will learn them for yourself at recruitment. Talk to your friends in sororities at TAMU about their experiences with Greek Life and lurk around these boards reading old threads for advice about recruitment.

You will need recommendations for all of the sororities. If you live in Texas, contact your local alumnae panhellenic association for assistance.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Sororities are great! You should rush. Any more questions?
yes, I just want to know like the real story of the sororities at A&M. I read all the websites and reviews but I want to know how they really are like who's the party girls, who's the good ones on campus, and just which ones are all around good choice
Old 01-13-2013, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Anne View Post
What about them?
I just want to know which ones are good. like still have fun but are known to be good women
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 AM
GreekChat Member

You're not going to get that information here. That is rumor mongering, and we don't do that. They're all good, they are all full of a much wider variety of women than you think, and the vibe of the group changes over time with each new pledge class anyway. So even if someone here were willing to say what this or that house was like at some point, it wouldn't apply to real life at the point that you would be pledging. Do your best to stop wondering about these questions. Rush is a long time off for you so just focus on finishing up high school with great grades and great times. Read through here for information on the prep work you should be doing, and just chill about the reputations. If they like you, how can they not be awesome, regardless of what other girls say.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
You're not going to get that information here. That is rumor mongering, and we don't do that. They're all good, they are all full of a much wider variety of women than you think, and the vibe of the group changes over time with each new pledge class anyway. So even if someone here were willing to say what this or that house was like at some point, it wouldn't apply to real life at the point that you would be pledging. Do your best to stop wondering about these questions. Rush is a long time off for you so just focus on finishing up high school with great grades and great times. Read through here for information on the prep work you should be doing, and just chill about the reputations. If they like you, how can they not be awesome, regardless of what other girls say.
thank you so much for the help, this really calmed my nerves
Old 01-13-2013, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Be more worried about earning great grades in high school. Volunteer and do some good. Get involved in clubs or sports or other activities. Worry about all that before sorority "reputations" which depend on rumor and outright lies.

While you're doing all that, you (and your mom) can be asking around among your friends - older and your age - to find out who is a sorority alumna. Keep a list of who is, and what their sorority is, so that you can later ask them to write you a recommendation.

Work hard, and best of luck!

Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Your main concerns at this point in time should be getting 2 recs for each chapter there and getting your resume together. You absolutely must do this. You have time to add an activity or two and keep your grades up. That's where your concerns should be.