GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,284
2 members and 1,282 guests
PGD-GRAD, Titchou

Old 02-17-2012, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing as a Junior with 3 years left

Hello! I've been lurking GC for a few months now but I've finally decided to make my first post.
I'll be transferring to a large university next year and I would love to go through recruitment. I currently go to a small private university and it doesn't have a greek system.

So anyway, my question is I'll be a junior next year when I transfer but I'll have 3 years left of school because I just changed my major and added a minor and there's no way I would be able to complete all of the required classes in 2 years. I know juniors have less of a chance to get bids but do you think that me having another year of college will make a difference?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I've done several searches for people rushing as juniors but I don't remember seeing a thread similar to this.

Oh, and the college I plan on attending doesn't have a super competitive rush as far as I know.

Thanks for your time!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

It really depends on your school, but know what the GPA requirements are (and what transfers as it applies to that GPA), know if you will need recommendations or not, take advantage of any opportunities to meet the girls prior to rush and be willing to join that chapter that may not be the most prestigious on campus. And if everything works out in your favor, it could happen. Even at the most competitive school they CAN take juniors, but you really better be a catch for them to take the leap of faith with you. Do a search about rush at that particular school. That should give you an idea of what to expect.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the replies!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a similar experience to you as well. I rushed as a junior this past fall and was really worried about it. I think what helped me was that recruitment is not that competitive at my school, and I had a good GPA. I also stalked this website and looked up tips on conversation for the parties. I found those to be really helpful. So much of the impression you leave on the sororities after each party is on conversation! Definetly stress that you will be at the school for another 3 years and let them know that you will be commiting your time to their organization. Out of my pledge class most girls were freshman, but almost half were sophomores and then we had two juniors. It's not impossible. You will want to be more open minded with the sororities though. Some will dismiss you simply because you are not a freshman etc, so being more open minded to all of the sororities will be very helpful to you in the long run. Good luck!