GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,474
2 members and 2,472 guests
davidsholzeo679, JayhawkAOII

Old 06-30-2001, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyleggedsigma Send a message via Yahoo to crazyleggedsigma
Angry The "R SHOW" at Murray State U.

Has anyone heard about the controversy surrounding an unfortunate program known as the "R Show" at Murray State University? I attend another school, but my Sorority (Sigma Sigma Sigma) was portrayed in a most unflattering light by several episodes. I've heard that we (Tri Sigma) are taking legal action against these poor souls that have nothing better to do with their time. If anyone has heard about this or just knows what I am talking about and wants to sound off, please feel free.

"...When satan came from down below he said with starry eyes, "There's only one thing wrong with hell-there are no Sigma Tri's!"
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-30-2001, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Question

I haven't heard anything about the "R Show". Is it a student TV show or something?

------------------
SilverTurtle

Phi Beta Fraternity: National Professional Association for the Creative & Performing Arts
Old 06-30-2001, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyleggedsigma Send a message via Yahoo to crazyleggedsigma
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverTurtle:
I haven't heard anything about the "R Show". Is it a student TV show or something?

Yeah, it's done by two guys-one is a football player (I bet coach is thrilled!) and I think the other guy was in a fraternity at another school (one with no chapter at Murray State). That's kinda funny by itself-he wears a hat with letters while he sits there and bashes GLO's. I am under the impression that it is on a school-sponsored cable access channel in town. If I were an administrator at the school, I'd yank it as soon as I got the chance-portrays the school and its students in a very poor light--these guys imply that all there is to higher education is alcohol, sex, and negativity towards others. RRRGGGHH!! I see red whenever I think of it!

Do you go to Murray?

"...When satan came from down below, he said with starry eyes, "There's only one thing wrong with hell-there are no Sigma Tri's!"

------------------
Beta Xi 1144
Southeast Missouri State
Old 07-01-2001, 10:33 AM

Thumbs down

I think Murray's prez must be asleep, cause I know at my school a program like that would have NEVER gotten on the cable access channel...they were "pro" all the way. I'm surprised the other students in the comm dept haven't had a fit - something like that makes them ALL look bad.
Old 07-01-2001, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl:
I think Murray's prez must be asleep, cause I know at my school a program like that would have NEVER gotten on the cable access channel...they were "pro" all the way. I'm surprised the other students in the comm dept haven't had a fit - something like that makes them ALL look bad.
33girl's right. I was in the comm dept. & worked on our (one & only) cable access show.... it was totally professional (won a lot of awards ) & we wouldn't have allowed anyone to go in there and produce a show bashing any group of people.

I'm all for free speech... but if you can't present your ideas in an intelligent, respectful manner then you shouldn't be on TV sharing them. It's okay to not like the greek system for personal reasons, whatever they may be. That doesn't give you a right to go bash them (specifically any one group) to the rest of the world. And what's up with this guy being a member of a GLO?

Oh-crazylegged... I don't/didn't go to Murray.

------------------
SilverTurtle

Phi Beta Fraternity: National Professional Association for the Creative & Performing Arts
Old 07-02-2001, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I am very familiar with the R show. Being a Lambda Chi from Murray State, I have had my share of the program. Due to a slight problem with our president, the creators of the R show include us in almost every show. But we will see who gets the last laugh.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Old 07-02-2001, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
I am in Ky too and have never seen this R show. Yall are gonna have to tape it and send me a copy down here at Eastern
Old 07-02-2001, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LXA1048:
I am very familiar with the R show. Being a Lambda Chi from Murray State, I have had my share of the program. Due to a slight problem with our president, the creators of the R show include us in almost every show. But we will see who gets the last laugh.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Hey there! Isn't it a shame that some people have nothing better to do with their time than rip on us? It's so funny to have a Lambda Chi in my corner-just this morning I saw a post in the "Most popular on campus" thread from a brother of yours at ISU about "Tri-Pig...oops....TriSig..." What an idiot. But I won't hold that against you... My dad's a brother too.

Could you possibly tell me the names of the two hosts? A Pike from Murray emailed me about it and mentioned one of them, but I can't recall it. Keep me posted-I'm curious to find out more.

------------------
"...when satan came from down below, he said with starry eyes, "There's only one thing wrong with hell-there are no Sigma Tri's!"
Beta Xi 1144
Southeast Missouri State
Old 07-03-2001, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Well one of them is named Brian Siddens(?). He is the guy that we have had most of our problems with. He showed up at a party and wanted in, but there were several brothers that disliked him. When he was denied entry, he freaked out made a little scene, and then decided to resort to TV. I heard about what he did with the Sigmas and the "ritual" that was shown on the show, along with the stalkings. I think he should be sent down the road to the state mental instution. Eventually he will make fun of the wrong person and end up with a sore head.

The reason others from KY haven't seen the show is that it is only shown locally on the cable access channel.

Their last show ended with footage from the biology department. It showed students impregnating(?) several cows. I don't think the show will be back on next year.
Old 07-04-2001, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

RRRRRGGGGGHH!! How sickening. I'm glad they're no more, but an evil little part of me wants to see it continue JUSSSSSSSTTT long enough more so that they can get what they deserve. What about the stalking? Haven't heard about that...

------------------
"...when satan came from down below, he said with starry eyes, "There's only one thing wrong with hell-there are no Sigma Tri's!"
Beta Xi 1144
Southeast Missouri State
Old 07-05-2001, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

They were "stalking" some of the members of Tri Sigma and they turned them in to the authorities. He lived right across the street from the Sigma house, but he was legally forced to move because of a restraining order. They are all crazy.
Old 08-06-2001, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by LXA1048:
They were "stalking" some of the members of Tri Sigma and they turned them in to the authorities. He lived right across the street from the Sigma house, but he was legally forced to move because of a restraining order. They are all crazy.
Who are all crazy? The Sigmas or the guys on the show?