GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,744
2 members and 1,742 guests
naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 01-19-2008, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

"Pessimist-Week"

If we have 12 sororities at school, is it possible that I will not get picked for any of them during Rush?
& what is the possibility of that?

Haha. Sorry, I'm a very pessimistic person.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Possible? Definitely. Especially if you come off as pessimistic, super self conscious, or anything else negative to the sisters. Chances of it? Depends on your attitude, how the chapters percieve you, and how many girls go through rush.

If you're going to go through, at least have a good attitude. Who knows, you might actually have a good time, regardless of whether or not you get a bid. If you're going to have a bad attitude the whole week, save yourself and everyone else the trouble and stay home.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a pretty good attitude & a funny personality. It's just that optimism isn't my strongest forte, but you're right.
I did plan on going & being genuine & open-minded, but i always expect myself to fail that things, you know?
Old 01-19-2008, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpitation View Post
I have a pretty good attitude & a funny personality. It's just that optimism isn't my strongest forte, but you're right.
I did plan on going & being genuine & open-minded, but i always expect myself to fail that things, you know?
I actually understand! I always second guess myself, and believe me I was extremely nervous on my bid day!!! But just know that if you put your best foot forward, and were yourself than hopefully you will find your sorority home. And if for some reason you do not get a bid, please know that your college experience will end, it can still be great!

Old 01-19-2008, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

It's good to hear that you're going in with an open mind and a good attitude. But thinking you're always going to fail is self-fulfilling prophecy! Trust me - it will get you no where. I used to be very negative and pessimistic, but it's really just a very time and energy consuming way of living.

Every time you have a negative thought, stop, think about it, and try and put a positive spin on it. You'll find that it will make everything so much better! And what better time to start with the new outlook on life than when you're meeting tons of people who don't already know you? Anyways, it's been proven that positive people live longer and are generally healthier than negative people
Old 01-19-2008, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

My alma mater has 14 chapters, so it's just a little bigger than your school's Greek community. Two years ago, about 450 women registered for recruitment and 11 women were cut from all 14 chapters. However, I'm willing to bet that most of those 11 women had barely-high-enough-to-register GPAs or were juniors or seniors.

Last year, there was one girl in my Rho Gamma buddy's group who was cut by 10 chapters after the first round and cut by the remaining 4 after the second round. Because she had breaks for not having a full schedule, I got the chance to talk to her, and she had a great personality, very sweet and down to earth. She was a pretty girl, she dressed cute and distinctively, and she had a great attitude. I never asked her about her GPA, but I refuse to believe that she could have been cut for any other reason.

Most PNMs at most schools will get a bid somewhere if they consider all chapters and present themselves in a positive manner, provided there isn't some factor (i.e. low GPA, junior standing if that's a big deal at your school) that would otherwise jeopardize a successful recruitment.

Stop worrying about it. The more you worry, the more it will show when you are talking to actives during recruitment parties. If you don't see anything good in yourself, how will anyone else?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
When is recruitment for you? If it's already started, how's it going?