GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,354
1 members and 1,353 guests
LaneSig

Old 10-18-2016, 02:12 AM
Banned

FSU TRANSFER RUSH?

Hi, I am applying to Florida State University for next fall as a transfer and if I get in, I will most likely be attending. My freshman year of college I attended a California State University, but I did not rush there as I knew I would not be staying at the college because I didn't like it.

Currently I am at a community college at home to finish my GEs for sophomore year. If I go to FSU, I won't know anyone and I thought joining a sorority would be fun and a good way to help me make some friends, but I know it's competitive there, so I feel like me coming in as a junior won't be doing me any favors.

I was trying to find the upperclassmen quota for the sororities, but I can't seem to find it so I was wondering if anyone knew what it was/my chances of getting into a sorority as a junior? I really want to be able to get into one, but if I have no chance at all then there isn't a point in going through the recruitment and everything.

Thank you to anyone with information!!
Old 10-18-2016, 07:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillpaige View Post
Hi, I am applying to Florida State University for next fall as a transfer and if I get in, I will most likely be attending. My freshman year of college I attended a California State University, but I did not rush there as I knew I would not be staying at the college because I didn't like it.

Currently I am at a community college at home to finish my GEs for sophomore year. If I go to FSU, I won't know anyone and I thought joining a sorority would be fun and a good way to help me make some friends, but I know it's competitive there, so I feel like me coming in as a junior won't be doing me any favors.

I was trying to find the upperclassmen quota for the sororities, but I can't seem to find it so I was wondering if anyone knew what it was/my chances of getting into a sorority as a junior? I really want to be able to get into one, but if I have no chance at all then there isn't a point in going through the recruitment and everything.

Thank you to anyone with information!!
It changes from year to year, as does freshman quota, as it is based on the number of women signing bid cards after pref.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

You need a good GPA, some community service, membership in at least one campus org. You need recommendations to ALL the sororities. If you are from California that might work in your favor, aka different and memorable. You should give it at a try and definitely go with the flow and remain open to your options. Greek life is great at FSU!