GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,130
0 members and 1,130 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartUGA View Post

http://www.alphagammadeltahouses.com...silon-chi.html
Alpha Gamma Delta is re-colonizing at Kansas State Fall 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hooray, hooray!
Old 04-22-2015, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
Then you must know Miss Cherry Pie. Hopefully she enjoyed installationn.
I imagine they're so close that one might think they're the same person.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororitysock View Post
I imagine they're so close that one might think they're the same person.
Closer than sisters I would imagine.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Phi Delta Theta has 2 spring colonizations going on:
~University of California, San Diego is a recolonization of California Kappa
~St. John's University will be New York Lambda
Old 04-23-2015, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridentia View Post
Phi Delta Theta has 2 spring colonizations going on:
~University of California, San Diego is a recolonization of California Kappa
~St. John's University will be New York Lambda
Thanks for posting this, I was recently trying to recall the fraternities that left campus while I was in school and this was the one I couldn't remember! Pi Kap and Beta were the other two.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know if there's something going on with Zeta Beta Tau at UCSD? It's not listed on their website as an actual chapter.

This is what's causing a stir on campus (apparently IFC is pissed):
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zeta-...30501217161453
Old 04-23-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Love View Post
Does anyone know if there's something going on with Zeta Beta Tau at UCSD? It's not listed on their website as an actual chapter.

This is what's causing a stir on campus (apparently IFC is pissed):
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zeta-...30501217161453
DEVODUDE, a regular poster, is a ZBT. Perhaps he'll come on soon and clarify.

The way NIC (North-American Interfraternity Conference) works is that campuses don't have to be open for fraternities to attempt to colonize. They would like it for the local IFC to be open and welcoming to all; but it's not required to set up an interest group or colony.

In the old days, and somewhat today, an interest group or colony gets started and then petitions the local IFC to join. The recent trend has been to move more toward the NPC model: the campus announces that they would like to add a fraternity (or two or four), groups send in interest packets and then are invited to present.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 04-23-2015, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

LaneSig;DEVODUDE, a regular poster, is a ZBT. Perhaps he'll come on soon and clarify.

The way NIC (North-American Interfraternity Conference) works is that campuses don't have to be open for fraternities to attempt to colonize. They would like it for the local IFC to be open and welcoming to all; but it's not required to set up an interest group or colony.

In the old days, and somewhat today, an interest group or colony gets started and then petitions the local IFC to join. The recent trend has been to move more toward the NPC model: the campus announces that they would like to add a fraternity (or two or four), groups send in interest packets and then are invited to present.

Ok, from what I was told by the Director Of Expansion, UCSD is an interest group that was approved by both the IHQ and University, but it has to present themselves to the IFC for full recognition. Once the IFC approves (hopefully in the Fall 2015), then the full colonization process will begin. This is when the Expansion Service Team stay on the campus for about 2 months and begins the open recrutiment for Founders, assemble the Alumni advisory board and various other programming and educational training is provided. This will be considered an "Interest Group in Progress." I also found out the there is an interest group that just formed at the University of Missouri, which is the historical Omega Chapter that is petitioning IFC for full recognition. Hopefully they too will become a full operational colony in the Fall 2015.

ZBT:"BROTHERHOOD & BEYOND"
Old 04-23-2015, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello, LaneSig:

Western Carolina U
has suspended Pi Kappa Alpha for five years due to hazing (described as “waterboarding,” and indeed involving water), according to the report below. That report includes a link to the police report.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/n...zing/26251965/
Old 04-23-2015, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

The Pi Kappa Alpha chapter at UCLA stopped operations as a fraternity in January due to financial problems. Phi Delta Theta has lease their house for the next four years.
http://dailybruin.com/2015/04/01/phi...ternity-house/
Old 04-23-2015, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

LaneSig, hi. I could be badly mistaken (it’s happened before, as you can undoubtedly testify), but I think the veterans - ZBT incident(s) is going to get substantial play in the media. Anyway ---

Below is Zeta Beta Tau’s statement and apology regarding the incidents concerning wounded veterans at Panama City Beach. According to the statement, if I’m reading it correctly, three individual members of the U of Florida chapter have been expelled from ZBT, and the U of Florida and Emory chapters have been suspended. ZBT also says it’ll hire an independent investigator . . . . See

http://www.zbt.org/component/content/article/400.html
a quote from ZBT’s atatement:

“We are honored that hundreds of our ZBT brothers have served in the military and are disgusted that certain members of our Fraternity failed to exhibit the behaviors we expect from them towards our nation’s heroes — respect, gratitude and honor.

Also:
http://chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/re...ts-probe/97767

and:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/uf-emor...erans/32532224

Last edited by exlurker; 04-23-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

AOII will be colonizing at Tarleton State in Fall 2015 (pretty sure it's Fall and not Spring 2016)!

Congrats AOII! Tarleton is a great place to be Greek & AOII will be an excellent addition to Tarleton's Greek community.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzandiloo View Post
AOII will be colonizing at Tarleton State in Fall 2015 (pretty sure it's Fall and not Spring 2016)!

Congrats AOII! Tarleton is a great place to be Greek & AOII will be an excellent addition to Tarleton's Greek community.
Yes, AOII's announcement says Fall 2015
Old 04-23-2015, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

exlurker;LaneSig, hi. I could be badly mistaken (it’s happened before, as you can undoubtedly testify), but I think the veterans - ZBT incident(s) is going to get substantial play in the media. Anyway ---

Below is Zeta Beta Tau’s statement and apology regarding the incidents concerning wounded veterans at Panama City Beach. According to the statement, if I’m reading it correctly, three individual members of the U of Florida chapter have been expelled from ZBT, and the U of Florida and Emory chapters have been suspended. ZBT also says it’ll hire an independent investigator . . . . See

http://www.zbt.org/component/content/article/400.html
a quote from ZBT’s atatement:

“We are honored that hundreds of our ZBT brothers have served in the military and are disgusted that certain members of our Fraternity failed to exhibit the behaviors we expect from them towards our nation’s heroes — respect, gratitude and honor.

Also:
http://chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/reports-that-u-of-florida-fraternity-members-spit-on-wounded-veterans-prompts-probe/97767

and:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/uf-emory-frat-brothers-accused-of-disrespecting-veterans/32532224[

As a brother of over 30 years and who had a father that served in the military and at less 16 Alumni brothers as well, I am totally disgusted with the actions of my fellow brothers. It appears that these brothers (and I say that losely) clearly did not learning nothing about honor, respect and protect the integrity of our brotherhood, as well as other associations, groups and communities. I know our IHQ is on top of this incident and from what I heard both the Univ. Of FLordia and Emory Chapteres have been placed on temporary suspension while the investigation is in process. Also, I do know that 6 brothers already have been stripped from their letters and pins and were told to vacate the house by tomorrow.

On a personal note, I do apologize to everyone on GC that have either served in the military, have/ had family members in the military and brothers/sisters that are in the military as well. There was no call for this type of behavior, especially by a Greek organization.

ZBT:"BROTHERHOOD & BEYOND"
Old 04-23-2015, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Don't know if it's already been posted, but Chi Omega was chosen to colonize at Northeastern University.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Closed Thread