GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,345
1 members and 2,344 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 03-22-2006, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

2006 Sigma Alpha T-shirt Quilt

It's that time again! I've planned on making one more Sigma Alpha t-shirt quilt for the 2006 National Convention in Atlanta, GA. I hope all the collegiate and alumni chapters will help to make this year's quilt as great as the last two! Letters went out to collegiate chapters a week or so ago, and now that almost everyone is back from Sprink Break, I would like to ask that you discuss among your chapter's sisters as to whether or not you would like to donate one of your chapter's spare (or lightly used) event t-shirts. Each shirt that I receive will be made into a square for the quilt. Don't worry about size or color. The more variation the quilt has, the better! If your chapter has no spare shirts to donate, there are options. For example, you can send a university t-shirt or use iron-ons to create your own design. You can even add your own embellishments to a university shirt! (If you are creating or embellishing, though, please email for guidelines).

If your chapter decides to participate by donating one or more shirts, please email me at sdlperkins@hotmail.com for mailing directions. Upon receipt of your shirt, I will email you a reply to let you know your donation arrived and post a thank you here.

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps out in this endeavor. And please remember, this is for a very good cause! The money that is made from the sell of the quilt is used toward Sigma Alpha scholarships ($1500 total to be awarded in 2006), $150 each to the chapters receiving the Outstanding GPA & Most Improved GPA awards, and for expenses incurred in sponsoring the Golden Mouse Award for best website, the Outstanding Scrapbook Award, and Sigma Alpha Quiz Bowl.

Sincerely,
Susan Perkins
Sigma Alpha National Alumni Treasurer
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

The first t-shirt arrived in the mail today from the ladies in Tuscon. Thanks to the Alpha Rho chapter for helping out with the quilt by donating a really cool shirt! I can't wait to see everyone else's! Let's keep them coming!
Old 04-07-2006, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Another big thank you to the ladies of the Omega Chapter at South Dakota State University. They donated a great t-shirt for the quilt that really shows their Sigma Alpha spirit.

If you haven't discussed the possibilities of your chapter being represented on this year's Sigma Alpha t-shirt quilt, please do so soon! We need as many shirts as we can get to help make a quilt as awesome as the last two years!
Old 04-21-2006, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I know everyone's having a busy semester, but PLEASE don't forget about the t-shirt quilt! If your chapter would like to participate, you'll need to get your shirts to me by mid-May. We need your help to make this year's quilt as awesome as the last two!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

WOW!! Today I had a pleasant surprise in the mail! THREE packages of t-shirts

Thank you's go out to the Alpha Zeta and Univ. of Delaware Alumni chapters for each donating three great shirts! The Alpha Chapter also donated one of their Promising Young Women shirts from their professional development event this year.

Thanks to all three of these chapters for adding seven shirts to the quilt. We still need more, though, so please don't procrastinate!

Last edited by sus; 04-27-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

As a note to any of us who might be cleaning out our closets soon...You know that cute Sigma Alpha shirt you've had for a while, but you are just not so attached to it (or you've outgrown it with your new babies!). Do you want it to have a good home? Consider sending it to the quilt!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

That's a great idea, Shelley. Even shirts that have been worn a bit but are still in good condition can be used for the quilt.

Yesterday, I received a VERY generous donation of FIVE t-shirts from the ladies of the Alpha Upsilon Chapter at Murray State University! That's an awesome donation!!

I also recieved a very cute bid day shirt from the Tau Chapter at Clemson University. Their purple and white will really stand out!

Thanks to both these groups for their donations. It's not too late to donate, so if your group hasn't done so yet, please consider it. All collegiate chapters, SIDS, and alumni chapters are more than welcome to participate.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Today, I received a package containing two shirts from the Alpha Beta Chapter. Thank you, ladies! They'll look great in the quilt.

We're doing good so far, but still need more shirts to make a nice sized quilt. All collegiate chapters, SIDS, and alumni chapters are welcome to send a shirt (or two or three or...) to be included on the quilt. Sigma Alpha letter jerseys, university shirts, or event shirts can all be used!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I've gotten a little behind on posting my "thank you"s to the chapters! I've received a shirt from both the Alpha Kappa Chapter at the University of Delaware and the Alpha Mu Chapter at the University of Illinois. Thank you SO MUCH for helping out! There are some really cute shirts this year, so this will be a fantastic quilt!
Old 05-20-2006, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Friday brought quite a few shirts in the mail! I received a bright yellow "IDAHO" shirt from the ladies at the Alpha Epsilon Chapter. Thanks to our newest members! I also received a great tie dye from the Alpha Psi Chapter at Cornell University. The third package contained two super colorful shirts from the Alpha Omicron Chapter at the University of Georgia.

Thanks to everyone for being so generous for this year's quilt. It's gonna look great!
Old 05-20-2006, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies,

I need a little help! I've received a shirt from one of the Tennessee chapters, but I'm not sure which one! So their generosity can be acknowledged, I'd appreciate it if you can help. The shirt is black and has the Sigma Alpha Greek letters on the back with all the hometowns of their members written in the letters. If this shirt is from your chapter, please let me know so your generosity can be recognized!

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

A big thank you goes out to the ladies of the Alpha Chi Chapter at the University of Missouri - Columbia for donating two shirts for the quilt. That makes about 30 shirts, so I'll start sewing this weekend (that'll be a great way to beat the Texas heat!).

Thanks to ALL the chapters for really coming through for a third year in a row. As I make progress on the quilt, I'll send out a photo via the list serve so you can see what your generosity helps create.

All the donations that I've received to date are guaranteed to be on the quilt. However, if anyone has a last minute donation that you want to send, please email me at SDLPerkins@hotmail.com so I can let you know if there is an empty space on for your donation.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I had a pleasant surprise in the mail yesterday! Two shirts arrived - one from the Delta Chapter at Iowa State University and one from the Beta Gamma Chapter at the University of Florida. Thanks so much to these two groups for contributing to this year's quilt.

I've got a LOT of work ahead of me thanks to everyone's generosity!