GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,278
0 members and 2,278 guests
No Members online

Old 08-19-2010, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

African American OR Multicultural Non-Collegiate Sorority

I am new to this forum and i am hoping it can be very informative to me. I would like to state that although my name is Delta Angel i am in no way affiliated with Delta Sigma Theta sorority. Back in HS I stepped for Delta Angel sorority and our step master/coach was a member of Delta Sigma Theta. I Looking for a non collegiate African American (or multicultural) sorority to join. All sororities I have searched are either lesbian or for women ages 50+. I am a young spunky 26 year old college educated female that skipped out on my opportunity during my college years. I have googled various sororities and it seems to be only a select few. If anybody knows of any Black (or Multicultural) non-collegiate sororities please inform me. Thanx n advance!!

Also... Im for New Jersey... If that helps!! lol
Old 08-19-2010, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaAngel4life View Post
I am new to this forum and i am hoping it can be very informative to me. I would like to state that although my name is Delta Angel i am in no way affiliated with Delta Sigma Theta sorority. Back in HS I stepped for Delta Angel sorority and our step master/coach was a member of Delta Sigma Theta. I Looking for a non collegiate African American (or multicultural) sorority to join. All sororities I have searched are either lesbian or for women ages 50+. I am a young spunky 26 year old college educated female that skipped out on my opportunity during my college years. I have googled various sororities and it seems to be only a select few. If anybody knows of any Black (or Multicultural) non-collegiate sororities please inform me. Thanx n advance!!

QFP

I was going to praise you for being a smart aspirant until I got to this part:

Quote:
skipped out on my opportunity during my college years.
There's still some more research to be done Good luck.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I guess you're unaware that you can still pursue membership in one of the D9 sororities via an alumnae chapter if you have your Bachelor's? or did you not finish school?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Not askin for any praise... My reason for skippin out on my opportunity was financial... Not because of laziness or anything of that sort. Please people if you dont have a positive reply, dont reply at all!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
QFP

I was going to praise you for being a smart aspirant until I got to this part:

There's still some more research to be done Good luck.
I think she was counting the NPHC orgs out all together since she didn't pursue membership in college.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:55 PM

No one is being smart here. They just want to know if you have a degree. lol.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

And do a search. I know this topic has come up many times before.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
I think she was counting the NPHC orgs out all together since she didn't pursue membership in college.
I know. If she had really done some research, she would have known (as you said in your reply) that the NPHC groups (and several MCGLOs) allow post-graduate membership.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

ksuviolet06 I understand what your saying... But im asking for a non-collegiate org for a reason. If people want to know that thy should simply ask
Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I know. If she had really done some research, she would have known (as you said in your reply) that the NPHC groups (and several MCGLOs) allow post-graduate membership.
I really did do research.. I researched Non collegiate... Not Post grad membership... Thank you!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I really did do research.. I researched Non collegiate... Not Post grad membership... Thank you!!!
If you have a reason, why not state your reasoning.

You think coming on a GLO website you are just gonna get answers all the while holding back information?

From all I know the reason you choose not to join a alumni chapter of any of the NPHC is because your past is gonna catch up with you.

Now if you do not wish to join an NPHC state your reasons and why so we can point you in the right direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8
Old 08-19-2010, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluPhire View Post
If you have a reason, why not state your reasoning.

You think coming on a GLO website you are just gonna get answers all the while holding back information?

From all I know the reason you choose not to join a alumni chapter of any of the NPHC is because your past is gonna catch up with you.

Now if you do not wish to join an NPHC state your reasons and why so we can point you in the right direction.
Lol... U people are hilarious. First of all im a grown woman so please show me the same respect u would like to have to shown to your mother! Second I have no past, my reason for not joining a D9 in the past was because of my financial situation.. please take the time out and read the entire post before you respond with bull****. I stated this once before. The situation that I am in as of this moment will not allow me to join an alumni chapter. I came up here for answers not criticism or for people to get into my personal life... Would you like my social security number as well?? Do yourself a favor by not replying if you have no information for me. Thank You!!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lol... U people are hilarious. First of all im a grown woman so please show me the same respect u would like to have to shown to your mother! Second I have no past, my reason for not joining a D9 in the past was because of my financial situation.. please take the time out and read the entire post before you respond with bull****. I stated this once before. The situation that I am in as of this moment will not allow me to join an alumni chapter. I came up here for answers not criticism or for people to get into my personal life... Would you like my social security number as well?? Do yourself a favor by not replying if you have no information for me. Thank You!!
Shut the hell up.

Hope this helps

Signed,
Grown Ass Man

Old 08-19-2010, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I criticize you because you have yet to give a valid reason why. Just excuses. I read your intro, it was full of holes. Worst part even you don't even realize how many holes are in your initial post.

Third (LOL @ where is first and second)I am not the others, I'm me and I did come to you and I pointed out you have not given any reasons for why. I'm not here to hold your hand. You want what we have and you are one of a million that constantly comes here thinking they have it together when they don't.

So let's point out the fallacies of your posts.

Quote:
my reason for not joining a D9 in the past was because of my financial situation..
The question you refuse to answer is do you have a degree now? If yes why do you not want to join an NPHC sorority in a grad chapter capacity?

If you can't answer those two simple questions I can't help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8
Old 08-19-2010, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Shut the hell up.

Hope this helps

Signed,
Grown Ass Man
Nice come back! Hope that makes u feel grown up enough!

Anyways from this point on MATURE PEOPLE RESPONSES ONLY!!