GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Iota > Iota Phi Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 541
0 members and 541 guests
No Members online

Old 12-14-2009, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadevil View Post
hmmm ok the topic was about founders day for the members of Iota Phi Theta. If you are not part of this fraternity in any way, shape or form, then please be quiet and just read
Whew! Good thing I didn't wish the Iotas a Happy Founders in this thread since I am not a part of the fraternity. Good way to make friends and influence others...to NOT choose Iota.

Iota e-sons, where are you when I need you?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-14-2009, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac63 View Post
Dont sweat that frat...we was created to be hated. some folks will just look for something to say just for the sake of hearing themselves talk (or seeing themselves type in this case). Common sense said you should research orgs before you join. Some people know what they wanna do, some, like myself, change their mind after seeing what the best org is for us. Nothing wrong with either, later for that drama. OW OWWW!
I see you are new here. Welcome to GC. But you should've done your home work (like search for the referenced post) before commenting on that situation.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
I see you are new here. Welcome to GC. But you should've done your home work (like search for the referenced post) before commenting on that situation.
I didnt think to reference any previous post. But still, regardless of what was said before, what was said in this post showed a lack of open mindedness. Ive seen this so much in greeks that it really is irritating. When did frats become gangs or elitist orgs where you cant show active interest in other orgs? I was in the Kappa League in high school and until I found out about Iota, thats what I thought I was gonna do. So, because I showed active interest in KAY, does that mean I shouldnt have joined Iota? I went to interest meetings and everything, and I learned somethings that I didnt wanna be a part of.

Hope I'm not coming off adversarial, because it is not even directed toward you. Just ignorance I've seen in the past 12 years since Ive been greek.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I didnt think to reference any previous post. But still, regardless of what was said before, what was said in this post showed a lack of open mindedness. Ive seen this so much in greeks that it really is irritating. When did frats become gangs or elitist orgs where you cant show active interest in other orgs? I was in the Kappa League in high school and until I found out about Iota, thats what I thought I was gonna do. So, because I showed active interest in KAY, does that mean I shouldnt have joined Iota? I went to interest meetings and everything, and I learned somethings that I didnt wanna be a part of.

Hope I'm not coming off adversarial, because it is not even directed toward you. Just ignorance I've seen in the past 12 years since Ive been greek.
What you are describing is not the same as what happened in this situation, unless you attended a Kappa informational and a month later became an Iota.

Changing your mind four years, two years, heck even over a summer -- I can dig it. But that's not what happened here.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Banned

LOL...when e-hood FAILS miserably. Blind hood is never good.

There's nothing wrong with doing research and attending informationals for other orgs if you are on the GLO market. Some of us pretty much know what we want as soon as we get to college but many don't. And older members will tell you that many many years ago it wasn't uncommon for people to attend other informationals or be on line for another org before joining a new one. But times have changed for a number of reasons, and that process of cluelessness and crossing should take longer than 2 months. Period.

I hope deltadevil is doing well.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

good grief.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
LOL...when e-hood FAILS miserably. Blind hood is never good.

There's nothing wrong with doing research and attending informationals for other orgs if you are on the GLO market. Some of us pretty much know what we want as soon as we get to college but many don't. And older members will tell you that many many years ago it wasn't uncommon for people to attend other informationals or be on line for another org before joining a new one. But times have changed for a number of reasons, and that process of cluelessness and crossing should take longer than 2 months. Period.

I hope deltadevil is doing well.

I hope I'm not being referred to as a E-Hood, cuz thats not even my style. I hear where you guys are coming from. But, in all honesty, and I mean this respectfully, what difference does it make? I get the implications, I really do, but in the end, shouldnt it be about me and my org and you and your org? When you joined, how long your process and where you were before your process started shouldn't be my concern. I dont generally make a habit of getting myself involved in the goings on of other peoples lives or choices unless they affect mine. You do you and I'll do me and in the end, we both are happy. You feel me?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadevil View Post
We cooked, drunk a lot of centaur piss, and went to a greek party.

OW-OW! OLE
Romans 1:16
Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I hope I'm not being referred to as a E-Hood
This line let me know you're not familiar with the vernacular of GLO boards because you didn't read a lot before posting.

So, you do you but stop commenting or co-signing on things that you're unfamiliar with. Afterall, you're the one who blindly jumped in talking about "hate." You feel me?

Last edited by DrPhil; 01-14-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
This line let me know you're not familiar with the vernacular of GLO boards because you didn't read a lot before posting.

So, you do you but stop commenting or co-signing on things that you're unfamiliar with. Afterall, you're the one who blindly jumped in talking about "hate." You feel me?

Actually I am familiar with boards, I wanted to see who was being referred to. And I still see it as hatin, whether it's and org or an individual, its still hate. Even if there is a backstory, a book written, a sopa opera or whatever other unknown reason for it.

But hey, like we both said, we gone do us regardless. And i appreciate your suggestions, but here's one: stop telling a grown man what to comment or co-sign on. Feel that.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
stop telling a grown man what to comment or co-sign on.
Stop telling a grown woman what to tell a grown man.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Please tell me you just made this up. That is beyond gross.
centaur piss is the name of their special drink. heh :P