GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,513
0 members and 2,513 guests
No Members online

Old 07-23-2008, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Summer Bids - What am I considered?

Hi Everyone, I was extended an informal bid yesterday by an IFC fraternity at my school and accepted. They told me pledgeship does not start until after Rush Week (which is the first week of September, I will sign my official bid card at that time.), so I'm still technically not a pledge. I guess my question was, is there a technical term for what I am now? Just an "Associate of the Fraternity?"

At my school there are two official rush weeks in the spring and fall, but IFC still says rush is "year round" so bids can be extended at times other than that week. In any event, I'm ecstatic to join the Greek community and can't wait for the Fall!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

You are still technically a rushee since a bid is not binding until a bid card is signed. Stay on good behavior so you keep your bid.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDN1 View Post
Hi Everyone, I was extended an informal bid yesterday by an IFC fraternity at my school and accepted. They told me pledgeship does not start until after Rush Week (which is the first week of September, I will sign my official bid card at that time.), so I'm still technically not a pledge. I guess my question was, is there a technical term for what I am now? Just an "Associate of the Fraternity?"

At my school there are two official rush weeks in the spring and fall, but IFC still says rush is "year round" so bids can be extended at times other than that week. In any event, I'm ecstatic to join the Greek community and can't wait for the Fall!
Don't fuck up.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 07-24-2008, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FSUfiji
I was in your same boat my first summer in college at FSU. You cant formally become a pledge until the fall rush week. Stay cool and dont get cocky bc i have seen a kid that got a bid the same summer night from another fraternity i did and he started getting cocky about it and they took it back and he never pledged. Dont be afraid to look around at the other fraternities during fall rush week so you can make sure this fraternity is the best place for you. Congrats on the bid!
Florida State University
Old 07-24-2008, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Great advice from the above 3. Just wanted to offer congrats on your bid.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Don't fuck up.
Elegantly put.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
Stay on good behavior so you keep your bid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Don't fuck up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUfiji View Post
Stay cool and dont get cocky.
Ditto, ditto, ditto.