GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,416
0 members and 1,416 guests
No Members online

Old 01-03-2006, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to oceanphi01
My Sister's Recruitment at Georgetown College

Okay, I figured that since the time is getting steadily closer for recruitment to start, I might as well go ahead and make a thread for my sister.

Trust me, I checked on the mascots and colors of each of the chapters at her school so that NONE of the real one would be used. I wanted to be safe!

MONKEY: From what I understand, this is my sister's top choice so far. She has been hanging out with them a lot throughout the course of last semester. She feels extremely comfortable with the sisters and knows that she would fit in.

PENGUIN: My sister also likes this chapter a lot and thinks she could fit in here as well, although it is her second choice at the moment.

DOLPHIN: A lot of the sisters in this sorority had my sister's former minor as their major. She liked the sisters, but still isn't sure if she would fit in with them.

KANGAROO: Of the houses at her school, this chapter is currently my sister's least favorite, although she has nothing against them. She just doesn't think she would fit in.

Believe me, I told her that things could change when she went through recruitment- that she could find out that she would completely and utterly fit in with a chapter that was not her first choice and that would be where she was meant to be. Ultimately, I know she is going in to this with an open mind. I am very proud of her for taking this step and am incredibly anxious for the outcome myself!!!!!

Green, green the ivy twines...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-03-2006, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Duchovnysfan Send a message via Skype™ to Duchovnysfan
Good luck to your sister! What year is she?
Old 01-04-2006, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Good luck to your sister!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 01-04-2006, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if I like this after all... I have never read a thread about my own school before... very nervous.

Having gone to GC, your sister will be very happy with whichever chapter she follows her heart to. Please give her my best wishes and that I will be thinking of her during that week. I am going to try to make it to chapel day, so please let me know more information about her once Saturday has passed, so that I can try to figure out who she is and congratulate her on Chapel Day!

I don't know where you are, but will there be any chance of you making it to Chapel Day?
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 01-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Unregistered-

When I saw that she was rushing at Georgetown College, my immediate reaction was..."hey, that's Arin's neck of the woods!"

Best of luck to your sister and to all GC PNMs.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks all. My sister is a freshman. And unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to Chapel Day. I'm in Florida, but I will be up to visit my sister in February.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Well... if you will give me information before hand (I might give you my cell so that you can call me right before it starts), I will try to take a picture of her for you... if I don't have to work, that is.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

wow

i agree with Arin. This is going to be weird to get a pnm's opinion of my schools recruitment. There are 4 GLOs @ gtown and each one of them is wonderful in their own special way. I went through recruitment as a sophomore as a legacy to one of the groups. I was dropped by them and was VERY close to signing my bid card for another group, but changed my mind at the last minute. I ended up joining a group as a junior and never regret one thing.

I wish your sister the best of luck and hope that she has a wonderful experience. Just make sure that she knows that the GLOs at gtown can really take grades into consideration during recruitment. just a little fyi.

can't wait to hear all about it!

Erin
Old 01-19-2006, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey just wanted to know if you spoke with your sister about last night. No worries... just wondering. Hope she had a wonderful time.
Arin
Old 01-20-2006, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry all. I was out of town for work all week and had no way to access the internet. Believe me, I was going crazy!

Anyway, updates for this week will follow within the next day as I need to catch up with my sister. Thanks for all your patience!!!

Old 01-20-2006, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay...I finally got in touch with my sister. She's been keeping a recruitment journal (so-to-speak) and each of the night's is kind of summarized below. All I know for sure is that she is really, REALLY excited!

1st Night: Open House

DOLPHIN: This was her first party of the night. She felt welcomed and that they wanted to get to know her and they liked her for her.

PENGUIN: The second party of the night...she had already visited this house a couple of times during the previous semester, so she had seen the house a bit. She was impressed by the information sheets about the sorority and was treated nicely.

KANGAROO: The third party of the night...I'm sad to say that she didn't feel welcome in this house. The sisters didn't seem that interested in her.

MONKEY: The last party of the night...she had a blast here. She said it felt really good to be able to talk to the friends she had made in this house since she hadn't been able to for a while.

The first night overall went well. She said she didn't realize how exhausting rush was....hehehe....

Old 01-20-2006, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

2nd Night: Philanthropy Night

MONKEY: First party of the night...she had a blast here, just like last time.

DOLPHIN: Second party of the night...she felt a little rushed and pushed around because she was talking to someone new almost constantly. She knows that getting-to-know everyone was important...she just felt a little rushed.

PENGUIN: Third party of the night...she ended up having to sit herself down for the craft and then didn't have all the pieces. But she said that everyone was nice.

KANGAROO: Last party of the night...she was pleasantly surprised by their philanthropy, because it's something very close to her own heart.

She was very impressed with all the philanthropies of each sorority. She said that it sheds them in a positive light and helps take a stand against the Legally Blonde image.

Oh, and the third night is done...but she hasn't given me the details yet.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool !!!!!!

I am glad that your sister seems to be enjoying her time! I bet she is getting ready to go to the preference parties right now! For a lot of girls this night is tough! I know it was very hard for me when i went through recruitment! fingers crossed for her top choice!!

Erin
Old 01-21-2006, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

3rd Night: Theme Night

DOLPHIN: First party of the night...she thought the skit and theme were really cute.

PENGUIN: Second party of the night...she thought the skit and theme were cute. And she really enjoyed the skit. Apparently she laughed a lot.

MONKEY: Third party of the night...she really, REALLY enjoyed this party. She said the skit and theme were really cute and everything was well-organized.

Unfortunately, KANGAROO did not invite my sister back to this party, which she was fine with since she would have declined the invitation. She just didn't click with the sisters.

It's getting closer!!!!

Old 01-21-2006, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

4th Night: Preference Night

Let me start by saying that my sister was warned ahead of time by myself and others to take tissues...and she used them. Also, she received invitations to the three remaining chapters, but declined DOLPHIN with interest. It was a tough decision for her...

MONKEY: First party of the night...

PENGUIN: Second party of the night...

Since giving details at this point may give away which chapter is which, I will say this: my sister said that both ceremonies were both very beautiful and elegant and she cried at both.

Okay, I am very excited and nervous for my sister....tomorrow is Chapel Day!!! And I'm sure that herself and every one of the PNM's at Georgetown won't get a wink of sleep tonight (along with all the sisters of the chapters). She filled out her bid card and her choices are ranked below:

1.) MONKEY
2.) PENGUIN

I have already been warned that I may not get the info tomorrow right after it happens....and I didn't expect to since I know she'll be so excited and so busy.

Oh, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!