GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,446
0 members and 1,446 guests
No Members online

Old 12-03-2020, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Police Ask For Help Identifying ‘Persons Of Interest’ At Former Fraternity House

https://onwardstate.com/2020/12/03/s...T-ZJS6RsKOetc0

http://www.statecollegepa.us/Documen...pt-to-Identify

Quote:
State College police are requesting public assistance in identifying a handful of individuals involved with alleged misconduct at a former fraternity house last month.

The seven individuals... were observed taking an unconscious, intoxicated woman from inside 329 E. Prospect Avenue and leaving her on the sidewalk of a nearby property over Halloween weekend.

329 E. Prospect Ave. is a rental property that formerly served as a chapter house for Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity, which was suspended in 2017 for multiple alcohol, health, and safety violations. The house has continued to serve as a rental residence since the fraternity lost recognition as a student organization and had its charter revoked.

Residents of the house have continued representing themselves as a fraternity, according to Penn State and the borough.

A few years back, the house was one of two at the center of litigation between the borough and property owners over whether fraternities that lost university recognition could continue operating as a fraternity house.

In December 2019, a state appeals court ruled the borough couldn’t stop members from living there as a fraternity house because it was already operating as a fraternity house before State College amended its zoning ordinance to require fraternities be recognized by Penn State.
Wow to all of this. Who leaves a heavily-intoxicated young woman out on the sidewalk?!

Does Sigma Alpha Mu have no options here? I guess they can't really stop these young men - and I use that word loosely - from pretending to be a fraternity? I have to wonder if they're still claiming to be Sigma Alpha Mu members specifically. The picture of the house in the article makes me think that they are.

@~/~~~~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-03-2020, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

YEAH!!! I figured with those good pictures, the @ssholes in question would be easily identified. The police already put out a statement this afternoon that they have been identified. Now to catch them....

Update, 3:30 p.m.: State College police have identified the individuals in question, according to a tweet published Thursday afternoon....