GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,315
1 members and 1,314 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 01-30-2007, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

BID CARDS

what are some cute ways to hand out bid cards?

need ideas & fast
Old 01-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

is this informal recruitment or formal?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

informal spring
Old 01-30-2007, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

we went to our girl's dorm rooms/ houses and handed them a plastic rosebush thing, their bid, and sang a song to them.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

you could get a little basket, add a few agd things(car window decal, pencils, note pad, etc.) and their bid card. tie one red, one green and one buff balloon to the basket handle .
Old 01-31-2007, 01:04 PM

We usually invite girls who will receive bids to our house and suprise them! Usually our informal recruitment chair will call the girl and ask if she would like to come to the house for a movie night. Then when the girl comes over, we suprise her at the door with her bid day goodies (tote bag, shirt, cup, car decal) and official bid card and take her out for ice cream!

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I would show up with a small group of sisters in letters. Bring the bid card, a balloon, a poster and serenade her. You can throw confetti for extra added affect. Maybe give her a t-shirt and a list of phone numbers/calendar of upcoming events.

ETA: If you have a big group, invite them to the house for a "recruitment event." Have one sister lead them into the room and then have the chapter members march in wearing letters and bearing gifts, singing a song and announce that you are pleased to invite them to your sisterhood! (The only downside is that not everyone will accept.)

Last edited by adpiucf; 01-31-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
We usually invite girls who will receive bids to our house and suprise them! Usually our informal recruitment chair will call the girl and ask if she would like to come to the house for a movie night. Then when the girl comes over, we suprise her at the door with her bid day goodies (tote bag, shirt, cup, car decal) and official bid card and take her out for ice cream!
That is so cute! An impromptu bid day would be so exciting

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 01-31-2007, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I went through informal for Phi Mu. After attending 3 nights of events (I was invited by some sisters who lived on my floor), I went to their room to thank them for inviting me to the parties (on my way to class).

Amber (sister # 1): Oh you are going to class?
Suzanne (sister # 2): This early?
Me: Yeah I wanted to get something to eat so I am leaving early
Amber (sister # 1): In that case, here (hands me my Bid Card)

Basically I had almost messed them up by leaving for class early My screams of joy could be heard throughout the whole building. There was an RSVP request in then enevelope to call the rush chair and accept. I did and my Lion Buddy showed up later in the afternoon with goodies and took me to the Bid Day party on the hall. So I think it's a great idea to surprise them at their dorm!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I went through informal recruitment as well. I was in the bathroom drying my hair when I heard a couple of Alpha Gam girls come in to see me. After making sure no one was in the bathroom with me, they proceeded to tell me that they thought that I would make a great addition to the chapter, and then they presented me with the bid! Later, my bid day buddy who was assigned to me, who turned out to be my Big!, came by my room with my Alpha Gam bag filled with AGD goodies. She took me over to the house, and all the girls cheered when I walked in, and then the whole chapter went to Cheddar's for lunch. It was very laid back but exciting! I will always remember how I got my bid for Alpha Gam while drying my hair in the community bathroom!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hazelle
Hey another spin of similiar nature....how about say 6 roses of your chapters particular type" yellow rose of Texas, pink kilarney, blush rose or whatever and instead of having the card to say who sent it....it would be the bid card?? but try and get a floral type envelope to fool them...
Old 01-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

agdplease, please come back and tell us what you did.

ksuviolet, i remember when youwent thru recruitment and got your bid.
a happy ending,for sure!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

wow. i never thought of doing such cute things for giving out bids! All we ever do with informal is call the girls and if they want they go get them signed. Seems like it would help the unsure be less unsure.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Unregistered-

I received my bid during informal rush years ago.

After Pref Ceremony, one of the sisters invited me over to her apartment so that she could "copy my Poli Sci notes". It was pretty late already, and I was wondering what the heck was going on because she was very stubborn (in a joking manner) and would not take no for an answer when I told her that I had to get home.

Sure enough, at around 8:30, I heard girls faintly singing "How I love those Alpha Gams" At first, I thought, "What the....?" and then the singing got louder and louder. Mind you, this was at 8:35 at night and the singing just ECHOED throughout the apartment complex and people were starting to come out of their rooms. Then the singing got even LOUDER.

Next thing you know, I hear a knock on the door and the sister who invited me over told me to go open it. It was 10 Alpha Gams in white muumuus with gold and white balloons and red and buff roses and they came to extend bids to both me and the sister's roommate.

I thought it was the cutest thing ever...and we had such a large audience!
Old 01-31-2007, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily0325 View Post
wow. i never thought of doing such cute things for giving out bids! All we ever do with informal is call the girls and if they want they go get them signed. Seems like it would help the unsure be less unsure.
I dunno...it can be pretty embarassing to make a big display when a woman has not yet accepted. Really, if you are unsure, you should shy away from this stuff.