GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,386
2 members and 2,384 guests
ForeverAOII, Xidelt

Old 12-17-2008, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Tau Delta Chi.

Hey everyone, i'm just curious on a few things for my Fraternity.. we've been thinking a lot lately on if we want to become a National Organization or become INC. we're really interested in them but not really sure on what steps need to be taken to get the ball rolling in the right direction. so if anyone could please reply with anything helpful that would be greatly appricated.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-17-2008, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

As far as incorporation, you just need to file for it in your state.

As far as whether or not to become a national organization, you need to be sure you're ready for it. Are you currently regional or a local? Do you have alumni/brothers at other locations that would be able to support your new chapters/colonies? Do you have an idea of how you would structure yourselves nationally?

Browse the threads here; there is a great deal of information about this.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I know the requirements to become a part of the NIC are a lot less stringent than to be a part of the NPC.

According the Wiki:

Quote:
Each member fraternity must be national or international in scope, as opposed to local, which is defined to mean having five chapters of ten men each, having three chapters which have been part of the fraternity for at least five years, and have a constitution that calls for national conventions with interim authority vested in a smaller governing body. Further, each fraternity must be exclusive of other NIC members and, therefore, in competition with them for the purposes of recruitment. All members' chapters must exist at four or two-year degree granting colleges. The members agree to share "best practices, statistics and information that will benefit member organizations."
Old 12-17-2008, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the OP's group needs to establish itself more before it considers joining a national council.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it bad if I suggest petitioning for a merger with another organization?

I am just so against new organizations I can't even explain it lol
Old 12-18-2008, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

we've been concidering merging with another organization. right now we're mainly looking into them all to see which ones is closest to our own standards and beliefs. we mainly want to make sure our organization grows into something even more respected at our school then it already is
Old 01-28-2009, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Tau Delta Chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by calenand View Post
Hey everyone, i'm just curious on a few things for my Fraternity.. we've been thinking a lot lately on if we want to become a National Organization or become INC. we're really interested in them but not really sure on what steps need to be taken to get the ball rolling in the right direction. so if anyone could please reply with anything helpful that would be greatly appricated.
Hey are you from the tau delta chi in suny delhi? I am a brother of tau delta chi