GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,486
1 members and 1,485 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 08-05-2000, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Pledge Harder

Greetings to my distinguished brothers of AphiA Let me say that through my process my head was bloody but unbowed. I however am so tired of everyone trying to outdo the next man when it comes to pledging. It seems no matter how hard you pledged someone always claims to have pledged harder. Help me? I actually heard some Beta Chapter Brothers sound off A Phi.........07 I mean come on are we one frat or just individual chapters.
My process was as bloody as anyones but I am sick of being in the supermarket with my family and getting challenged. Brothers its really not that serious. Make no mistakes I know my shit. But damn. Yes I know the secret of the ape and what the colors mean. Now let me ask you a question are you active??? The only people to challenge me has been inactive brothers and Neos. It has gotten so bad I was even challenged by a 60 plus year old AKA. Who before she hugged me asked me what the greatest love story ever told was. So to those brothers walking with your chest out because you got beat up for 8 or 9 weeks You better know your shit to brothers lets stop focusing in on our differences and focus instead on our commonalities. "Alpha Phi Alpha is the light of the world forever shall I hold it up high"
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-06-2000, 03:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Preacher,

I definitely am feeling you on this subject. I was at a frat party a couple weeks ago, and will not mention the chapter name, and bruhs from different chapters got in a fight. Needless to say it was embarrassing for bruhs to act this way in public, as we sent out a negative message. Remember we pledged a fraternity, not a chapter. Preacher, continue to hold the light up.

Does your heart bleed the same forward and backward?.........

Fraternally,

Justin 'Frostbyte' Rogers
Ace Club (Advocator of Dr. Callis)- Spring 99 - Mu Iota - U of Tennessee
Old 08-06-2000, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The Original Ape
Quote:
Originally posted by Preacher06:
Greetings to my distinguished brothers of AphiA Let me say that through my process my head was bloody but unbowed. I however am so tired of everyone trying to outdo the next man when it comes to pledging. It seems no matter how hard you pledged someone always claims to have pledged harder. Help me? I actually heard some Beta Chapter Brothers sound off A Phi.........07 I mean come on are we one frat or just individual chapters.
My process was as bloody as anyones but I am sick of being in the supermarket with my family and getting challenged. Brothers its really not that serious. Make no mistakes I know my shit. But damn. Yes I know the secret of the ape and what the colors mean. Now let me ask you a question are you active??? The only people to challenge me has been inactive brothers and Neos. It has gotten so bad I was even challenged by a 60 plus year old AKA. Who before she hugged me asked me what the greatest love story ever told was. So to those brothers walking with your chest out because you got beat up for 8 or 9 weeks You better know your shit to brothers lets stop focusing in on our differences and focus instead on our commonalities. "Alpha Phi Alpha is the light of the world forever shall I hold it up high"
Preacher, preach on!

I feel you on the competition thing. As long as you were "made", you're a member of this family. I wish bruhs would look at it like ALPHA is your first name, and your chapter name is your last name.

Old 08-07-2000, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

I had to make a response:

A sixty+ (60+) Soror approached you?

I see you all are faced with the same struggles...

"Why can't we ALL just get along?"

I am sure that many are not financial, or have not been since they graduated (if they did)...That's why we have to be SO CAREFUL as to who we let into our organizations.

SKKEEE-PHI
Old 08-07-2000, 03:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

HALLELUJAH Preacher!

I totally agree...it doesn't mean a thing...if you don't know one thing...

I believe that some of this heightened chapter rivalry stuff comes from meta-secrecy formed by underground pledge processes!

Let us all remember that we did not pledge a chapter...we PLEDGED ALPHA!!!!

there can never be an 07...if there hadn't been an 06! some brothers try to heighten the chapter's importance by some of this crazy stuff...Our Founders are not happy.. not even at Howard

A PHI!
PHI-SKEE!

In the spirit of ALPHA,

I am,

The Ice Cold Kreator
Old 08-07-2000, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Glad to hear all of the responses I had another thought and this is not just for Alpha this goes for all Greek organizations. A phi A alone spent over 10 million dollars in 99 on conventions...10 million dollars. that is not even including all the money the bruhz spent is those prespective cities. just think what the other organizations spent. Why can't we as a panhellenic council purchase 9 hotels in different regions of the U.S and use them for our conventions. When were not using them we are making money on them Damn I wish I had time. 06

------------------
Old 08-07-2000, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The Original Ape
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Preacher06:
Glad to hear all of the responses I had another thought and this is not just for Alpha this goes for all Greek organizations. A phi A alone spent over 10 million dollars in 99 on conventions...10 million dollars. that is not even including all the money the bruhz spent is those prespective cities. just think what the other organizations spent. Why can't we as a panhellenic council purchase 9 hotels in different regions of the U.S and use them for our conventions. When were not using them we are making money on them Damn I wish I had time. 06

That's a dam good idea!
I wish I had the money, dog!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2000, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey frat,

I just want to say that national convention was OFF DA CHAIN!!!!!

Has anyone received word of a national frat pilgrimage to Cornell University?
Old 04-28-2008, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Frat and Sorors I am reading your responses and they are very true. I am one of the members that of A Phi A and am initiated through the chapter not the other way around. We really do need to watch who we allow in our organizations. I feel that the GPA requirements should go up. I pledged with a 3.15 GPA and I feel that it should be placed somewhere in that region. Honestly beside inactive and non graduates should be low gpa members. I feel that if you are average in school than you will be average in the frat and we don't need anymore chapter Alpha's making the founders look bad. Oh yea though I crossed I don't care weather the next brother pledged as long as he is legit and knows his stuff we straight. For it is not the victory after all it is the fight that a brother makes. A PHI til tha day I die not "chapter" till the day I die.

COME ON BRUHS

Last edited by The Alpha Man; 04-28-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Discretion, neo.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel you, on knowing your info, being active and showing brotherhood. Its the ONLY true way in my eyes to hold the light high.

When I crossed this spring I immediately saw the drama that can be caused by those who dwell on thee issue of who pledged and who didn't its ridiculous.

The only thing I wanted to add to your post about knowing your stuff is be willing to teach what you've learned. There is 101 years of information spread over continents if a brother doesn't know something and he's a true bruh teach him.

Pre-MIP brothers had to physically earn every piece of info they have so even sharing that info with another made brother who may have earned another set of info is difficult. We've learned to guard info but unfortunately we get into the mind set of guarding it from each other too and that they should EARN it. We should all be constantly searching for enlightenment.

Last edited by always_aspiring; 04-28-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks frat
Old 04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG if y'all don't take this to PMs, I swear!!!!

Varmints!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Discretion, neo.
Yeah, we didn't need to know that he confuses "whether" and "weather."