GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,268
1 members and 2,267 guests
Sciencewoman

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2015, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Colorful Recruitment!

I went through a deferred recruitment this January and I figured now would be a good time to post my story with some reflection. I rushed at a large school with a fairly non competitive greek system: only 3% are dropped completely and everyone who makes it to pref is guaranteed a bid if they maximize their options.
My school has 12 sororities and since I'm not creative I'm going to do colors:
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Purple
Pink
Magenta
Black
Brown
Grey
I will say that I came in with some stereotypes about the chapter in mind (I know it's bad) but I tried to go in with an open mind!
Rush took 5 days: first round was 2 days, then second, third, pref, and bid day!
I'll try to update this as fast as I can.