GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,392
1 members and 2,391 guests
zatylerahvso465

Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

sorority rush

Hi my name is axel2013fallpnm and I am going through rush this semester at my college. I rushed last year and loved it for the most part until I had to stop due to a problem with paperwork. I am excited to rush again this semester and am trying to keep a positive outlook on this as well as not listening to any previous feelings and talks about any of the organizations.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

For my code I am going to use figure skating moves/ elements since I have been a skater since I was 6 years old.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok so here it is!

I decided to change the code to the names of the people on the show Dance Moms.
The sororities will be coded as:
Abby,Kendall,Maddie,Mackenzie,Nia,Kelly,Paige ,Brooke,Chloe,Asia,Christi
Old 09-06-2013, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Here was the first day. I am still currently going through rush and it has been fun just different than last year. The first days opinions are from the activity fair. Rush at my school is run very differently.

Asia: very diverse sorority of college educated and professional women. Lots of Latina women. Service group. Serves as voices of empowerment for women. Seems like a good group but not sure if its what I am looking for.

Christi: It was the first multicultural sorority in the nation. It is dedicated to bringing awareness to cultural and women issues. Seems like a good sorority but not exactly what I am looking for.

Kendall: This sorority seems like a good group of girls. Diverse with many personalities. I somewhat liked them just not sure how well I connected with them. They seem fun and organized, so no lost/ not handed in paperwork, which is a good.

Maddie: Not sure about this group. Before speaking to them I desperately did not like them due to a conflict with the alumni and my skating team, but after I am somewhat considering them. They made me forget why it was that I didn't like them to begin with. Seems like a great group of girls although have heard somethings about their pledge-ship.

Nia: More of a Latina sorority but diverse of all cultures at the same time. Girls seem nice but not for me.

Kelly: Good, fun loving sorority. Seems to have a strong sisterhood from what I could tell. I have a friend whom is in this sorority at my school. She really seems to enjoy this sorority. They do party a fair amount (more than some others) Overall I like them. Not top of my list but not low either.

Mackenzie: Liked this sorority and the conversations were pretty good. Seems like a strong sorority with a strong sisterhood. They are one of the four national sororities on campus and actually the smallest of the nationals on campus. Diverse group of all sizes and shapes. Seems like nice girls who love to party. Wasn't sure if I fit in with them though.

Brooke: Seems like a pretty strong and nice sisterhood. Another one of the four national sororities. I have a friend in this sorority. Don't have anything to say bad about them. Diverse girls but almost entire sorority is exceptionally pretty as well as friendly and easy going. Seems organized.

Chloe: Liked them decently well last year but loved them this year. I had excellent conversations with most of these girls. Most natural to speak to but has a reputation of being the "bitchy" sorority. Felt like these girls and I were able to relate and understand each other well. They are the oldest sorority on my campus. They seem very very organized. At the end of the day this was my favorite sorority.

Paige: Really like this one also. Hung out with them a little bit last year after I was forced to stop pledging Abby by the school due to the lack of my paperwork having not been submitted on time by the PM of the sorority. I love all of their philanthropies, love the colors and seemed to connect well and have good conversations with the girls in the sorority. This sorority is the second smallest on campus with Abby being the smallest.

Abby: And finally.... I wasn't sure what to expect with this sorority due to what had occurred last semester with the PM not handing in the paperwork on time. I pledged here last year and still remember almost all the information that I had been taught but am not sure that this is the best place for me. They are the smallest sorority on campus with only 9 active members and with everything that happened last semester I don't want it to happen again, so I am unsure how I feel about them. I do have some friends in this sorority.

Overall I liked all of the sororities I visited but enjoyed some more than others.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel2013fallpnm View Post
Hi my name is axel2013fallpnm
Am I the only 80s chick who's sad that this isn't A Guns n' Roses Recruitment Story?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

So, the formal recruitment at your school is a mixture of NPC, locals, and multi-culturals? Interesting.