GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,829
1 members and 2,828 guests
No Members online

Old 09-03-2012, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinoisdg View Post
Better?
Yes. You can send a PM to John to get your username changed, but it often takes a very long time. Honestly, I first read it as "oh, this new person is at Illinois and her initials are dg and she didn't realize that's also a group".
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-03-2012, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Yes. You can send a PM to John to get your username changed, but it often takes a very long time. Honestly, I first read it as "oh, this new person is at Illinois and her initials are dg and she didn't realize that's also a group".
You can also just create a new account with a different name.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDCat View Post
You can also just create a new account with a different name.
Right. Of course. Do that.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a few rec girls going through recruitment and have been waiting to get texts from their moms to see how today's invites went. I am looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing. I've been able to see the different parties outfits on fb as I am friends with quite a few active girls in different sororities and all the houses look amazing as usual!
Not sure if Illinois has a fb rule, but the timelines I guess are never private so it's been fun to see all the different colors, themes etc. My niece did this last year, so I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone else is doing.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Mu daughter texted during a break and said she was having a GREAT time today! The rain even held off! It's a long process this weekend, but sounds like the energy level at each of the houses was incredible. My daughter said that it will be hard to wait to see which invites they get back for the next round (scheduled for next Saturday). Sounds like it is all running smoothly!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I heard from my rec girls moms.
I have 3 girls going though - A, B and C to avoid names.
All 3 were surprised by the cuts and they did well. All the houses are the same numbers, but not in alphabetical order so you can see the diversity of invites. I am naming the house numbers that appeared to not have extended an invite since it was one of their first 13 on their cards.

A - went back to 13 houses but was not invited back to numbers 3,4, 7 and 10.
She is a legacy to house #2.

B - went back to 11 houses, but was not invited back to numbers 3,6, 8,9, 11,12 and 16.
She is not a legacy, but her aunt was in #7 so she thinks that may make a difference?

C - went back to 7 houses and her mom said she lost most of the ones she had for her first 13, so she was feeling very rejected. I explained how important it was to keep her mind open and girl C was feeling better after visiting the houses on her list with fresh eyes today.

A and B are not listening to me at all and are madly in love with house#1 after 2 rounds.
They have other favorites, but they both know this is the ONE! I seriously wish they wouldn't do this because they are going to talk about it all week before even knowing if they received an invite back from this house.

C really enjoyed many of her houses she had today, but is just waiting to see what happens next and trying not to get ahead of herself.

Hopefully this week won't seem too long!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I only know that A and B went back to DG because they texted the names of the houses they were going back to.
C was very worried today and didn't text a list of names, so I didn't want to ask.
C appears very open-minded and hopeful to receive a bid at the end of next week.
A and B are heads and heels over one house regardless of what their moms or I tell them.
This seems to happen every year with a few PNMs and it surprises me every year because there are too many amazing houses left to be that sure. They gave me their top 7 they put down, but they need an invitation to those 7 first so I'm waiting to hear what happens next week. Last year it was the next round coming up that caught my niece by surprise. Everything turned out great in the end, but she had zeroed in on a favorite and that wasn't on her card after a week of talking about it. She also lost a few others that she thought were going great so that round was the hardest for her. She couldn't be happier now, but I think nearly every recruitment is a little bumpy. I have yet to see or hear of a perfect recruitment...it may happen for some, but not for me, my sisters or anyone I've ever written recs for. My dad was an ATO back in the early 60's and my mom was there too. They got pinned...I wonder if they still do that. We had some in my day and it was really sweet. I'm sure your son is loving it there, it is a wonderful school!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
908sfirst I love the username...I lived at 903 S First as a senior
Old 09-04-2012, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908sfirst View Post
My son is in a Fraternity at UIUC and has said that all the sororities are basically the same...the major differences are location, but even that will always have pros and cons.
LOL, the fraternity perspective cracks me up. It's true, though, there are SO MANY fraternities compared to sororities, that the sororities all have a full social calendar every semester, and who mixes with whom can change a lot from year to year (e.g. the social chair of XYZ is dating an ABC, so now they have an exchange this semester).
Old 09-06-2012, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Just reading this makes me miss Illinois! I lived on 3rd my senior year in those blue apts
across from Bromley. We visit every year and they looked really run down now, but it's been 20 years or so.
Looking forward to all the recruitment updates tomorrow!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Do the girls get their schedules tomorrow??? I'm so nervous for my daughter......
Old 09-07-2012, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Do the girls get their schedules tomorrow??? I'm so nervous for my daughter......
I'm thinking that they will get them in the morning before the first party.
Try not to be nervous...there are so many wonderful sororities.
I really mean it when I say all of the Greek ladies are amazing and the houses there are just beautiful. I had so many friends in other houses and although I loved my house I know I would of had a wonderul college experience being in any one of them.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Illinois View Post
I'm thinking that they will get them in the morning before the first party.
Try not to be nervous...there are so many wonderful sororities.
I really mean it when I say all of the Greek ladies are amazing and the houses there are just beautiful. I had so many friends in other houses and although I loved my house I know I would of had a wonderul college experience being in any one of them.
Well, yeah. The women from the houses are chosen from U of I students who are awesome to start out with.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Very, very few women are released from all chapters.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Illinois View Post
Just reading this makes me miss Illinois! I lived on 3rd my senior year in those blue apts
across from Bromley. We visit every year and they looked really run down now, but it's been 20 years or so.
Looking forward to all the recruitment updates tomorrow!
Aw, Blue Balcs! I had friends that lived there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Very, very few women are released from all chapters.
This! If you look at the last 5 year average (I REALLY, REALLY loved that ODOS link...I hope they add in 2011 and continue to add in future numbers), on average only 1% of PNMs get released completely.