GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,157
2 members and 1,155 guests
naraht, sabellashulzez9

Old 06-14-2005, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaEtaKP
Thumbs up

A long time ago... there were questions on whether or not a person could accept a bid if a different one has been extended to them within the past year.
I understand it that if a person gets a bid through bid matching, as in any of the sororities that the write down on their preference card match their bid, they cannot receive another bid for a year. This means that if they get the second choice and decide they do not want it, they must wait a year.
However, if a bid is extended through Open Bidding, there is no restriction on the amount of time they must wait to get another one.
So, if she received the bid without matching the bid, she should be able to accept another bid at any point.
But... the situation is weird... so who knows???
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I personally think that house was bitter, but i know soroities have campus total and mabe the reached it and could not allow her in till fall formal rush
Old 06-15-2005, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to gpb1874
Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaEtaKP
A long time ago... there were questions on whether or not a person could accept a bid if a different one has been extended to them within the past year.
I understand it that if a person gets a bid through bid matching, as in any of the sororities that the write down on their preference card match their bid, they cannot receive another bid for a year. This means that if they get the second choice and decide they do not want it, they must wait a year.
However, if a bid is extended through Open Bidding, there is no restriction on the amount of time they must wait to get another one.
So, if she received the bid without matching the bid, she should be able to accept another bid at any point.
But... the situation is weird... so who knows???
wow, that sounds complicated. let me see if i can disect it....

- if you receive a bid during formal recruitment and do not sign, you cannot receive another bid, even during COB, for one calendar year

- if you receive a bid during COB and DO NOT SIGN, you are eligible to accept another bid at any time.

- if you receive a bid during COB and you DO SIGN, then you are bound for one calendar year (still must sign a COB acceptance card).

for reference, see the NPC manual of information pages MR-52 and 59.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaEtaKP
That's what I meant.. LOL...
Just didn't really know how to say it.
You did it much better.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TxGirl
Quote:
-Original posted by GPB1874
- if you receive a bid during formal recruitment and do not sign, you cannot receive another bid, even during COB, for one calendar year

Actually, after the woman leaves preference events, she goes to fill out a preference card (they have a new name but I can't remember what it is) and she must sign it. Once she signs it, she is bound to whichever group on that card gives her a bid.

So, if she put down
1. XYZ
2. ABC
3 NMO

If she gets a bid from NMO and decides that she doesn't want it after all, then she is still bound for a year to NMO. The only chapter she can join in that time frame is NMO.

If on the other hand she leaves preference events and does not sign a preference card (or X's her card as some call it), then she is not bound to anyone and can be snap bid (by a chapter that has not made quota) or given a COB (by any chapter) once COB starts.

The rest of your COB info is correct and also applies to snap bidding. Remember, snap bids are only given out by chapters that do not make quota at bid matching. Snap bids are does before everyone else can COB so that those chapters have the chance to get to quota first.