GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,645
0 members and 1,645 guests
No Members online

Old 05-01-2012, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I just bought Something Borrowed. I saw it twice in theaters. It was soooo good!
Add her other books to your summer reading list. They are light, fun books. Perfect for pool or beach reading!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I just started watching The Killing...hmmmm
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 05-03-2012, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got The Help and Out of the Ashes in the mail today I have to get some homework done tonight so I can watch them this weekend.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a lot of movies in queue. Right now, I'm getting ready to watch "Fatal Charm". It looks like a good one, I just hope I'm not disappointed. I've been picking bad ones lately. Waiting for the popcorn to get done popping. It's "movie theater butter" flavor. Yummy!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Out of the Ashes was very intense. I just watched that one this weekend. Since my last post, I watched One for the Money and it was pretty true to the book! Most of the characters looked pretty similar to what I had pictured. It was light and funny, like the book.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

"Tower Heist" was fun. Not a top notch revenge heist movie but still good enouigh.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Turned it off like 15 minutes into it, and I deleted like 4 movies from my queue that looked similar. That movie was awful. I knew it was going to be dumb when I saw that it was one of those old 80s movies that I never heard of.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I just found a true story on Netflix. "Freeway Killer". It looks creepy. It says it's about some guy who was responsible for several murders from 1979-1980. I'm hoping it's scary, because I love scary movies.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
"Freeway Killer". It looks creepy.
Is there any way that something called "Freeway Killer" cannot be creepy? LOL
Old 06-19-2012, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Is there any way that something called "Freeway Killer" cannot be creepy? LOL
lol
True, but I was surprised. It was kind of scary, but not as scary as I thought it was going to be. I mean, he was driving one of those old creepy vans without any side windows. Vans like that have always creeped me out. The movie was really good, though.

Random thoughts on this movie -He was the first person in the state of California to die by lethal injection. I liked the movie, because a lot of people who commit crimes like this, or any crime for that matter, usually tell on themselves. It was funny watching how paranoid he had gotten once he knew the law was onto him. I used to be all for the death penalty, and then I was against it. But, after seeing this movie, it really made me angry. So, now I'm kind of in the middle. They caught this guy red-handed, and they were still trying to keep him from getting executed. For as long as I live, I will never understand that.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I just found a true story on Netflix. "Freeway Killer". It looks creepy. It says it's about some guy who was responsible for several murders from 1979-1980. I'm hoping it's scary, because I love scary movies.
This was a great movie. What I like about Netflix is, it shows me other movies that I might like that are based on true stories like this one. I also have some more documentaries I have in my queue. The life of Marvin Gaye should be good, too.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
I just started watching The Killing...hmmmm
The season ending episode really pissed me off.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a ton of movies in my queue, some of which I'm getting ready to watch, now.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol
I mean, he was driving one of those old creepy vans without any side windows. Vans like that have always creeped me out.
Agreed. Unless they have a legitimate business name on the side, I don't see the purpose of those vans, except to hide whatever is happening inside. They DO look creepy.

My daughter read a book for her chemistry class...it was 100 cases of murderers who were caught using science. While she was reading it, every so often she'd stop and say, "listen to what THIS guy did...." Some of the people were jealous spouses, out to get the inheritance, etc., but some of them were really creepy.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Mr. KDR and I watched "Puncture" this weekend. I liked it. It was right up your alley, CG, being based on a true story and all.