GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,015
1 members and 1,014 guests
LaneSig

Old 02-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
When yall say "jersey", I think of a mesh basketball or football jersey. So... like this?
S-O-R-O-R
WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS? I WANT NOW
Old 02-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Found it never mind!
Old 08-30-2014, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chiojes
I wear letters...more in jewelry form than shirts. My college ring has letters on it and I have discovered sisters at work that way! I bought a beautiful crest ring at convention this year and I like it because it is more subtle.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

As an advisor for a chapter I wear tshirts with letters often especially if helping with their philanthropy event or at retreat where they will all have the tshirts on. I also have jewelry with my letters. I wear the tshirts when working out and when traveling where appropriate. The latter has led to chance meetings with sisters from all over the country.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter has a favorite sweatshirt with stitched letters that I believe she will wear forever! She was wearing it at the mall and the cashier was also a phi mu ( different school) they had a nice chapter comparison chat!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Three months after graduation:
I 've been wearing a custom made shirt with Beta spelled out while out and about every once in a while. I've worn my badge once to work and my lavaliere a few times. So far, that's all. When it gets colder, I'll start wearing my lettered hoodies more often.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell4 View Post
As an advisor for a chapter I wear tshirts with letters often especially if helping with their philanthropy event or at retreat where they will all have the tshirts on. I also have jewelry with my letters. I wear the tshirts when working out and when traveling where appropriate. The latter has led to chance meetings with sisters from all over the country.
I hadn't worn anything AOII for years, now that I'm an adviser, I get free t-shirts and swag. I have just been wearing things around the house, but we are flying to FL next week and I'm going to wear an AOII spirit jersey (I get cold on the plane) and see if anyone stops me to chat!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIILisa View Post
I hadn't worn anything AOII for years, now that I'm an adviser, I get free t-shirts and swag. I have just been wearing things around the house, but we are flying to FL next week and I'm going to wear an AOII spirit jersey (I get cold on the plane) and see if anyone stops me to chat!
Yes you should! I know I'm coming from a NPHC perspective (I'll be wearing my letters FOREVERRRRRR) but why not!? One of the girls I've known since Girl Scouts/Elementary School is an advisor for DG and she is often in pictures with her shirts on. I wish that more NPC Alumnae would rock their letters (at appropriate times/places), you never know who you will run into!

My past chapter president moved here from the south and she didn't know anyone in the area (this is before chapter websites were a norm). She wore a Delta shirt at the local mall and ended up finding Sorors (or they found her ) who helped her get acclimated with the area! I've also seen this happen at community service events/philanthropy events as well!
Old 09-02-2014, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a fairly large vintage pin collection, and I often wear one when I am dressed up for work, church, social event. Have met some lovely sorority women that way...all of whom say, "I should wear MY pin more often!". I have a couple of crest rings and bracelets that I wear frequently. Love to wear KD jewelry! I don't wear T-shirts of any kind, as they make me look frumpish and dumpish and un-biddable, lol.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I wear my Alpha Gam Alex and Ani bracelet every day, and I wear my cardigan with the Alpha Gam Armorial Bearings to work. Plus I wear my hoodies with letters anytime I'm out and about! I get a lot of weekend/relaxing wear out of my lettered sweats, too. I only wear my t-shirts to work out in, though. I wear my badge probably 2-3 times a month!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
frumpish and dumpish and un-biddable
This sounds like the title of a blog entry by someone who had a very, very, very bad rush.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm getting ready to graduate this school year and I plan to wear my letters...even if people still assume I'm in college :P I mean, I paid for them haha
Old 09-11-2014, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersistentDST View Post
Yes you should! I know I'm coming from a NPHC perspective (I'll be wearing my letters FOREVERRRRRR) but why not!? One of the girls I've known since Girl Scouts/Elementary School is an advisor for DG and she is often in pictures with her shirts on. I wish that more NPC Alumnae would rock their letters (at appropriate times/places), you never know who you will run into!

My past chapter president moved here from the south and she didn't know anyone in the area (this is before chapter websites were a norm). She wore a Delta shirt at the local mall and ended up finding Sorors (or they found her ) who helped her get acclimated with the area! I've also seen this happen at community service events/philanthropy events as well!
I have noticed that NPHC people rock their letters more often here in Philly... I was recently at Hersheypark in line for a roller coaster, and was behind a thirtysomething Que who had a lettered t-shirt and hat, plus a tattoo on his leg.

I am actually looking forward to wearing my spirit jersey on my trip, especially since I'll be going down South - and if people don't see that, I'll also be bringing my glow in the dark Lilly Pulitzer fluorescent pepto panda AOII tote, which I am pretty sure can be seen from outer space, it's so bright.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIILisa View Post
glow in the dark Lilly Pulitzer fluorescent pepto panda AOII tote, which I am pretty sure can be seen from outer space, it's so bright.
LOL

Old 09-11-2014, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
I have a fairly large vintage pin collection, and I often wear one when I am dressed up for work, church, social event. Have met some lovely sorority women that way...all of whom say, "I should wear MY pin more often!". I have a couple of crest rings and bracelets that I wear frequently. Love to wear KD jewelry! I don't wear T-shirts of any kind, as they make me look frumpish and dumpish and un-biddable, lol.
Back when I worked in a place where you dressed decently, I liked to wear my badge as a lapel pin (it's allowed) on a nice jacket and often heard that!

But I hate hearing "Oh, I lost mine" or, even sadder, "I never had one."

Now that I work in shorts and a T shirt, I only wear my badge for Founders Day or Fraternity functions. I'd wear a sorority T shirt but nobody needs to see an overweight grandma in a DG tee!