GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,756
4 members and 1,752 guests
Sciencewoman, speedsters

Old 08-27-2013, 07:34 PM

That's a shame. I've missed reading her posts over the years. This is one I come back to time and time again.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

memories

Rereading all these bumped posts and this story was my daughters at Ole Miss to a T. She knew NO ONE at Ole Miss, we were from out of state and had no connections. She was so devastated on bid day to get her number 2 only because she was so dirty rushed by her #1 choice. All the texts of you have it, everyone loves you, the rush team all adores you and all the adds on facebook. She always sat front and center at every party and talked to the exec every time. The texting cont all the way until she was standing at the Lyceum 5 min before bid cards when she got the text. "I don't know what happened you aren't on our list!" Needless to say the day was a bust because the disappointment and shock was just to much to be able to brush off. She also had made the mistake of listening to tenttalk of reputations of the sororities and had rec. a bid to the "party" group. My daughter did not drink and was immediately feeling like she would never fit in. But 5 years later my daughter graduated with highest honors and having held several different offices including new member. (The advisors begged her to be president but her academics came first). After the rocky start she threw her all into her sorority and loved every minute of it as sometimes life's biggest disappoints lead to your biggest successes. Sometimes you turn into momma bear when your child is hurt so I must admit it brought me a little joy when the next year during rush week,we were sitting around talking to a girl who pledged the "dirty" group and she told us this story. " yeah, at rush practice one of the older girls stood up and told us, no matter what you do don't think and text a PNM that she has it and stuff. Last year one of our girls that we rushed hard and told her she had it was not on our bid list on bid day."
All this to say prepare your child for all the things that can happen during rush both good and bad. Never take reputation tent talk seriously and encourage them to stick it out if they don't get their #1 pick. You never know they may end up in the sorority that wins the Chancellor's cup 3 out of the 4 years while they are there and having a blast . Bid day is now a source of smiles and headshaking.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

htoddy, I wish you would start a new thread and copy and paste your post into it! It was *great*!!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htoddy View Post
Rereading all these bumped posts and this story was my daughters at Ole Miss to a T. She knew NO ONE at Ole Miss, we were from out of state and had no connections. She was so devastated on bid day to get her number 2 only because she was so dirty rushed by her #1 choice. All the texts of you have it, everyone loves you, the rush team all adores you and all the adds on facebook. She always sat front and center at every party and talked to the exec every time. The texting cont all the way until she was standing at the Lyceum 5 min before bid cards when she got the text. "I don't know what happened you aren't on our list!" Needless to say the day was a bust because the disappointment and shock was just to much to be able to brush off. She also had made the mistake of listening to tenttalk of reputations of the sororities and had rec. a bid to the "party" group. My daughter did not drink and was immediately feeling like she would never fit in. But 5 years later my daughter graduated with highest honors and having held several different offices including new member. (The advisors begged her to be president but her academics came first). After the rocky start she threw her all into her sorority and loved every minute of it as sometimes life's biggest disappoints lead to your biggest successes. Sometimes you turn into momma bear when your child is hurt so I must admit it brought me a little joy when the next year during rush week,we were sitting around talking to a girl who pledged the "dirty" group and she told us this story. " yeah, at rush practice one of the older girls stood up and told us, no matter what you do don't think and text a PNM that she has it and stuff. Last year one of our girls that we rushed hard and told her she had it was not on our bid list on bid day."
All this to say prepare your child for all the things that can happen during rush both good and bad. Never take reputation tent talk seriously and encourage them to stick it out if they don't get their #1 pick. You never know they may end up in the sorority that wins the Chancellor's cup 3 out of the 4 years while they are there and having a blast . Bid day is now a source of smiles and headshaking.
This would be an excellent addition to the Ole Miss Recruitment Thread. If you you want to add it, it's here: Link
Old 10-01-2015, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Definitely a good read
Old 06-18-2016, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Over on our sorority moms Facebook page, lots of the "veteran" moms are posting how "my daughter got her first choice and didn't have a rec for it!" which is beyond frustrating.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

AnchorAlumna,

Where is the FB page you reference? I couldn't find it on FB.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissyintexas View Post
AnchorAlumna,

Where is the FB page you reference? I couldn't find it on FB.
I'll PM you.

Old 07-09-2020, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

I'm bumping this older thread for PNMs to read- it may be old but nothing has changed about the way that recruitment can turn on a dime. Days one and two--yeaaa, so much fun! Day three--what hit me?

Y'all, keep your options open.