GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,357
4 members and 2,353 guests
Kevin, Sen's Revenge

Old 03-20-2007, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Would you get seriously involved with a guy/girl if he/she......

Here's the situation. Lets say you found a guy/girl very attractive who was really nice to you, never disrespectful, but during conversation you asked he/she how many serious relationships he/she were in. He/she told you, and then you asked how many people was he/she was intimate with. Let's say he/she told you a really high number, and at the same time he/she said they don't sleep around like that anymore, would you continue dating them to try to get serious with them, or would you just end it?

Also your thoughts on if it would be that important to even ask the question.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-21-2007, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Mmmmm.......first of all, I'd be creeped that it even came up. Then, if it was a high number, I'd be seriously turned away. But there are extenuating circumstances: Has it been a day since you stopped sleeping around like that anymore? When was your last blood test and how good was it looking for you (hey, if you can bring up uncomfortable topics, so can I)? I'd have to know that before my decision could be final and, even then, I reserve the right to change it if I find out anything else that makes me post on message boards asking peope's advice.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-21-2007, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
1,000,000 partners + no disease = Good

3 partners + fatal disease = bad

Stop having conversations about their past sexual history if you are only going to like certain answers.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

Stop having conversations about their past sexual history if you are only going to like certain answers.
Yes, yes, and yes.

Also, are christiangirl and cheerfulgreek the new Moochagoo/curiousgirl?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Here's the situation. Lets say you found a guy/girl very attractive who was really nice to you, never disrespectful, but during conversation you asked he/she how many serious relationships he/she were in. He/she told you, and then you asked how many people was he/she was intimate with. Let's say he/she told you a really high number, and at the same time he/she said they don't sleep around like that anymore, would you continue dating them to try to get serious with them, or would you just end it?

Also your thoughts on if it would be that important to even ask the question.
Anything more than 3 sexual partners and she can forget it.

James, you made a good point, but there is no way of telling if she has an STD until you catch it from her. Is it important for me to know how many sexual partners she's had? YES. Very important. I wouldn't ask her right away, but eventually it would come up in conversation, and once she said 4 or more, or lied and tried to lower the number, I would have to let her go.

It's the friends with benefits thing that causes the high number of sexual partners. I don't agree with the FWB thing but everyone has their own opinion.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being a freak or doing the freak nasty, but only with one person in a committed long term relationship. Not 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or more ect. sexual partners.

CG I sent you a PM too. Let me know what's up. O.K.?

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 03-21-2007 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

Absolutely. Not to mention that there are a number of STDs you can get without actual intercourse.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post

James, you made a good point, but there is no way of telling if she has an STD until you catch it from her. Is it important for me to know how many sexual partners she's had? YES. Very important. I wouldn't ask her right away, but eventually it would come up in conversation, and once she said 4 or more, or lied and tried to lower the number, I would have to let her go.

It's the friends with benefits thing that causes the high number of sexual partners. I don't agree with the FWB thing but everyone has their own opinion.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being a freak or doing the freak nasty, but only with one person in a committed long term relationship. Not 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or more ect. sexual partners.

CG I sent you a PM too. Let me know what's up. O.K.?
Wow, you're slightly judgemental. You'd be cool if your brothers had the same number of sexual partners? Let's say a potential date has had 5 or 6 guys, spread out, and is STD free. But still, OMG WHAT A SLUT!!1

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 03-21-2007, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

If you're not going to like the answer, DON'T ASK THE QUESTION.

And for virgins, you two are sure obsessed with sex. Will you just get laid already?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I didn't end it, I married him. He has a ridiculously high number IMO. He's also older, was in his early 20s in the 80s when the whole world was sleeping together, and had come out of it all with not a single STD. I figured he must be good luck.

Seriosuly, as they others have said, it all depends and if you can't handle the answer, don't ask the question.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
And for virgins, you two are sure obsessed with sex. Will you just get laid already?
That's a great observation.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-21-2007, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RoyalEmpress33 Send a message via Yahoo to RoyalEmpress33
Quote:
If you're not going to like the answer, DON'T ASK THE QUESTION.

Amen. I totally agree. Leave the past where it belongs--in the PAST. Never bring this topic up! If that person treats you well, you get along, and you can name more pros than cons while dating this individual, then why not keep pursuing it? It would be shocking if that person had been with a number of people I must admit, but, if they didn't have any diseases threatening their life, I wouldn't care really.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I figure that anything anyone has done in the past, without me, is NOT MY BUSINESS. If I'm planning on sleeping with him, all that should concern me is whether or not he is clean. Everyone makes mistakes. I wouldn't want to miss out on a good thing because of mistakes made years before when I wasn't in the picture. While I don't consider anyone in my past a mistake, I wouldn't want to continue to punish a man for something he might consider a mistake. I never brought up sexual past when I was dating. To me that is just psycho, nosy, and a warning flag for future stalking of exes. Again, being disease-free is the most important thing. And still take precautions until several tests come back negative. For BOTH of us.

PAST = NOT MY BUSINESS. Period. If I don't want him running a background check and questioning every move, I'm sure as hell not gonna do it to him.

Plus, how do you know he's not lying? Either to increase the number or decrease the number? You have no way of proving anything, so why concern yourself with it?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Another good reason not to bring up the past-if you really like this guy/girl, it will drive you insane to think about them being with someone else before you. You do not need that kind of obsession going on. It will tear you apart.
Are they clean? Are they concentrating on you and not dwelling on old flames? If both answers are yes, leave it alone.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie View Post
Yes, yes, and yes.

Also, are christiangirl and cheerfulgreek the new Moochagoo/curiousgirl?
Who are they?

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense. The other CG already said she's not a virgin. And, if you're referring to me as the other in "you two," I've only posted one sex-related thread in my x amount of years on here so.......

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-21-2007, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Quote:
James, you made a good point, but there is no way of telling if she has an STD until you catch it from her.
Yeah, jeez, I mean . . . if only we had the technology to test for these things. If only!