GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,384
2 members and 2,382 guests
navane, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-15-2002, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile My last chapter meeting...

Tonight was my very last chapter meeting as a collegiate member of Sigma Kappa! The other graduating seniors and I go alum on Sunday, the 21st... it was so weird sitting there listening to the girls planning fall recruitment stuff and bid day and knowing I'm not going to be here for it! I'm so glad to be getting my degree and starting grad school, but I guess it's all kind of bittersweet; I'm leaving behind one phase of my commitment to my sorority tonight, and I'm starting another on Sunday afternoon. It's a more powerful feeling than I thought it would be, but I'm excited and looking forward to becoming an alumna on Sunday.

It's that time of year... how many other graduating seniors are getting down to their last meeting or so?

Greek love,
Lauren
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-15-2002, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Lauren, I know exactly how you feel! Last sunday was my last meeting as a collegian and when I got up to give my "alum address" I started crying...I was like "I so wasn't supposed to cry!" Sob, sob...! I still have one more semester before I student teach, but all the chapter events are just too much for me as I will be a fifth year senior. It's hard, but just look forward to all the fun alum stuff...an awesome experience with no fines! hehe

PM me anytime you wanna chat!
Old 04-15-2002, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to pandarose18 Send a message via Yahoo to pandarose18
I too will be graduating in may!!! YEAH CLASS OF 2002!!! I too have mixed emotions about becoming an alumna. I will still be living about 2 miles from the college though so I will be helping with recruitment and stay as involved as the collegiates want me to be (hopefully as some type of advisor!) We will deffinately have to swap stories about what involvement we continue in the future! My senior pass down is in less than 2 weeks! Ahhhh that's when it will really hit me! Well good luck with graduation and I hope to hear from you soon!

Sarah
Old 04-15-2002, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Cleveland area (home) University of Dayton (school)
Send a message via AIM to ksuchio
aww i wish you luck with all of your journey's its always sad to read stories about seniors leaving:-(

xo love and mine,
amanda
Old 04-16-2002, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lilsnakeyk
While tonight wasn't our last meeting, this is also my last semester in Sigma Kappa.... Tonight was just so strange when we were teaching all of our most recent initiates about rotation and rush. It was just so shocking to me when our VP Membership told me that I could just stand to the side and watch. I was so devastated realizing that I wasn't going to be around next year that I started crying.

I'm not ready to graduate. I'm so tempted to fail all my classes to stick around next year.

Old 04-16-2002, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

For me it is just the opposite. This is my last semester as an Alumnae (at least for the next two years) and next weekend I will be watching my pledge class (what's left of it) become alumnae. It's like we are switching places and it is so strange. But I have to say to all of you who are going alum soon:

It is the start of a wonderful lifetime commitment outside your college years. Know that the sisters and brothers that have been there for you in the past are still there for you, and now look to you for guidance. You have found so much joy and love in the commitment you made, and others after you will do the same.
Congratulations to all of you and remember, this is just the beginning.