GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,050
1 members and 2,049 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 09-04-2003, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

ok, i missed the silly posts in your guestbook. i am so sad that you decided to disband. that totally stinks, but you are in a situation that you can not control. i hope that you do have a great rest of the school year!! and ai really can be your dream!! make sure you tell the rest of your girls about ai too! i am sorry that this happened this way!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-04-2003, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

heh..just for kicks..

Here are the posts from the guestbook:

Okay, first things first... you are all rejects from the current sororities on campus at Rio Grande. Is that why you all are starting your own organization? Oh, and as far as your name, Kappa Gamma Delta, I think it would be better for you guys to pick Be

Hmm..nope..none of us are "rejects". Many of us who have rushed have been given bids. Hate to tell ya that.

I think it would be better for you guys to pick Beta Beta Beta, which, as my friends and I translated it to mean BLACK BALL BITCHES, cause thats what you guys are. black balls and rejects. I hope you never pass

Oh boy....for some reason this is more comical than anything..Why is it I know a few of you that have been blackballed? ...and then went AMB?? I see you are all about Greek unity..

through AGC for one reason: you dont have respect for Greeks. If you had respect for Greeks, then you would not be rushing non-greeks into a non-existant sorority. If you start off pissing Greeks off, it will only

We don't have respect for Greeks?? If we didn't have respect then we'd bad mouth people such as you. I've personally seen you in action..we speaking about fellow SISTERS. -That's- why I quit your GLO.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBaby80
This really is a good idea. I think my sorority was told that in order for our webmaster to put members' pictures on our website, each member pictured has to sign a paper formally consenting to the use of her picture, etc.
We have that requirement for any information. Our alumane chapter puts a box to check on our membership form and we basically tell to "check here if you do not want your information or picture published on our website".
Old 09-04-2003, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

heh..just for kicks..

Here are the posts from the guestbook, unedited and given as posted. Enjoy!

Okay, first things first... you are all rejects from the current sororities on campus at Rio Grande. Is that why you all are starting your own organization? Oh, and as far as your name, Kappa Gamma Delta, I think it would be better for you guys to pick Be

Hmm..nope..none of us are "rejects". Many of us who have rushed have been given bids. Hate to tell ya that.

I think it would be better for you guys to pick Beta Beta Beta, which, as my friends and I translated it to mean BLACK BALL BITCHES, cause thats what you guys are. black balls and rejects. I hope you never pass

Oh boy....for some reason this is more comical than anything..Why is it I know a few of you that have been blackballed? ...and then went AMB?? I see you are all about Greek unity..

through AGC for one reason: you dont have respect for Greeks. If you had respect for Greeks, then you would not be rushing non-greeks into a non-existant sorority. If you start off pissing Greeks off, it will only

We don't have respect for Greeks?? If we didn't have respect then we'd bad mouth people such as you. I've personally seen you in action..we speaking about fellow SISTERS. -That's- why I quit your GLO. Also...I don't see the point in "rushing" Greeks..I mean..that's like rushing an AB to go to CD?? Plus, we have only really pissed off you and another (both for petty reasons on your arguments)...sorry?

get worse. And you guys started off horribly. You dont know what it is to be Greek, because some of you have tried to pledge and were blackballed for one reason or another. Erica, you were denied by what, 2 or 3 sororities???

Oh boy..for one NONE of us have been blackballed. We QUIT either early or late into pledging or never accepted a bid once it was extended. Also, never mention Erica's name again...she was much too good for you. She's an actual friend and sister..more than what any of you will ever amount to be.

Funny.... anyways, enough bashing. you dont respect the current greeks on campus and for this, you dont deserve to wear Greek letters. And you cant just PICK a national sororities letters and decide your going to

Enough bashing? What?? But this is so entertaining!! I don't deserve to wear greek letters? Oye. Oh..oh..my favorite..I never knew "Kappa Gamma Delta" was a National..really..never knew.. One thing, get your head out of your ass, learn your damn NPC organizations..oh wait..you probably do not know what NPC is..because you're ignorant.

affilitate yourselves with them. But id like to see when they come down to kick your asses for finding out. OH, and some of you might remember walking into a party last year and hearing a bunch of people chanting beta beta beta, yeah, that was for you guy

LOL!! Yeah..I'm sure all those e-mails from NPC organizations that were interested in us were going to kick our ass for using a non-copyrighted non-NPC organizations name. Oh wait..I forgot..you're ignorant..no other Greek Life is outside little Rio. *duh* Shoulda known that one! Stupid me! Umm..no at parties we were normally talking, dancing, having fun, unlike you who were passed out in some random guys rooms.

Im done now, and just so you can understand it, start from the bottom where my name first is entered and read up

At least use proper grammar, it's I'm "finished" now, remember you're not a cookie! *polite smile*

this is crap. and that is all i have to say!!!!!!!!! how dare you quitters think of even starting your own organazation and think you are going to use the same format and traditions as my organization i am appauled. i hope the agc doesnt let this go any f

Huh? Let me see here...we don't have anything in common..well..the color blue we do..but different shade. We were royal, you were sky. What traditions?? We haven't had time for traditions! Getting a bit ahead of yourself aren't we?
Old 09-04-2003, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I know I said it before, but I'm really sorry. I never imagined in a million years that people would stoop to this level...it just amazes me. If it was starting to stress you so much that your health was being affected, I think making a graceful exit was the best thing to do under the current circumstances. Of course, I would still love to see these lovely ladies of AMB if you all did manage to go National, but as someone said, you can't control the situation and I think you all should be commended for taking the high road and not biting in their obvious attempts to start drama. You're right, karma does have a way of coming back to bite people in the ass, and who knows, this might not be the end of KGD.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Angry

Reading all that crap makes me want to come kick some ass for a fellow Sweetheart!

And Kayla, over the past year I've noticed how mature and Panhellenic you are. You will be a boon to any GLO you join.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 09-05-2003, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Dana- Yep, maybe not, this just hyped me up even more. I'm going to see if my other plan will pan out.

astro- Heh, c'mon on down and bring your ball bats! And thank you for the compliment! I will rush again this year believe it or not, I still have some faith in the Rio greek system. Of course, I do have a plan cooked up in case I do become an active member. *teehees*

Once again..see the mentality I've had to word with at this stupid school?? Whew!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

If I were you, after receivng such nasty treatment from the nationals on campus I would definitely contact their national offices and/or NPC.

And I can understand disbanding if it's taking such a toll on you emotionally -- I just wish someone would have the chance to show those other organizations that their low class tactics won't work.

You should definitely consider AI cuz despite all this crap Greek can be an amazing experience.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AEPhiSierra
If I were you, after receivng such nasty treatment from the nationals on campus I would definitely contact their national offices and/or NPC.
Heh..you're new to this thread, eh? None of the sororities are National on campus. The only National GLO's are fraternities, Tau Kappa Epsilon and Alpha Sigma Phi. The sororities are just locals. Two formerly were colonized by Nationals, another almost went.

Zeta Theta Chi: formerly Alpha Sigma Tau
Chi Omega Alpha: formerly Phi Sigma Sigma
Lambda Omicron Psi: almost went Theta Phi Alpha
Delta Theta: nope.
Alpha Mu Beta: Heck no. I don't think any national whether it be NPC or not would want to take this risk.

But, I do plan on having some fun w/what the AMB's left..guess what's going to Student Services ( I work for them now..hehe), Student Affairs, and AGC?
Old 09-07-2003, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

oops... my mistake!!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to socialbutterfly
I finally read through all the posts....keep your head up and don't back down on what you want. I know of an org that tried to start somthing that could have been great on my campus, but a few bumps in the road drowned their spirits and a few short months ( think it was two) they gave up and decided to join another org on campus.
I know allot of people felt they gave up too quickly, but I think people test ou to see if you can handle all the pressure.

Let them know that no matter what you have to do...you're going to show them you can do it!!