GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,392
0 members and 2,392 guests
No Members online

Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Four Dartmouth GLOs Charged with Provoding Alcohol to Minors

http://thedartmouth.com/2010/10/06/news/SAE

In the most recent in a string of filings against Greek organizations, Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity has been charged with one count of providing alcohol to minors, which is a felony, according to a Hanover Police press release.

. . . on Oct. 1, Hanover Police accompanied Hanover Fire Department personnel responding to an emergency response call about an intoxicated female at the fraternity. The female was unresponsive when emergency workers attempted to rouse her.

. . . SAE president Brandon Floch '11 will appear before . . . District Court on Nov. 1 to answer the charges, the release stated.

SAE is the fourth Greek organization to face charges for serving alcohol to minors this week. Sigma Delta sorority, Psi Upsilon fraternity and Theta Delta Chi fraternity all face similar charges, although the incident at SAE is the only one to involve an emergency response call.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

*sigh* I saw Dartmouth and was "please don't be Psi U, please don't be Psi U" and of course it is.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
*sigh* I saw Dartmouth and was "please don't be Psi U, please don't be Psi U" and of course it is.
I always do the same thing when I know there is a Sigma Chi chapter on a campus.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 10-07-2010, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

And did you see the reader responses? Yeah, blame the police.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

To be fair, I can see the point. At least back east a lot of police department have good Samaritan kind of laws. If 911 is called for suspected alcohol poisoning or drug OD, they don't prosecute the people who called. It's an attempt to make sure people get help when needed, and that people aren't so afraid of legal repercussions that they let the person die for want of medical help.

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
I always do the same thing when I know there is a Sigma Chi chapter on a campus.
Yeah when ever I see something bad happen at a school with a Psi U chapter I worry that we might be involved. It's funny, the whole duke sex list thing? First thing I did was make sure she wasn't a Brother lol.

Last edited by Psi U MC Vito; 10-07-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
And did you see the reader responses? Yeah, blame the police.
If they have a good Samaritan policy (which I believe they do) and the police ignored it, they are ABSOLUTELY at fault.

Call me crazy but if it would have been Ira Independent or Frank Football Player bringing a drunk girl to the ER, I doubt the same thing would have happened.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Their lawyers will hopefully/likely get the charges dropped or dropped down to something like minor in possession or something to that effect. Prosecutors aren't out to ruin anyone's life for the most part.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-07-2010, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
If they have a good Samaritan policy (which I believe they do) and the police ignored it, they are ABSOLUTELY at fault.

Call me crazy but if it would have been Ira Independent or Frank Football Player bringing a drunk girl to the ER, I doubt the same thing would have happened.
The College's Good Sam policy may apply to College disciplinary action. I don't know about NH state or Hanover local law and its applicability.

The Oct. 7 online issue of the student paper has an article with more info on this very topic:

http://thedartmouth.com/2010/10/07/news/SAE